If you're modding it there biggest differences between them afaik:

- the transmission options which you already know

- if you were to get a manual XR6 the clutch isnt as good as the f6 one

- the bodykit & interior

- rims and brake options

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 20d

I'd go the phoon. The rear brakes on the phoon are actually smaller than the bf turbo brakes as early bfs had the territory rear brakes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 5m 13d

Funny thing is utes only have the pbr brakes on rear even with 6 pot brembos on the front. I think they started with the option of brembo 4 pot on rear but they suffered from brake bias...

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 23d

I have a standard xr6 turbo silver, which I upgraded with the typhoon rims I got for a good deal the dark agent ones. This looks awesome on silver, and the xr6 turbo is alot cheaper than the typhoon. Typhoon's are good but people want heaps second hand and they are very expensive cause some young people that bought them put up the price cause they cant pay them off. For the money an xr6 turbo is quite fast and potentially if upgraded faster, eg like the skylines gt t vs gtr people upgrade them, for less.

• Member For: 14y 1m 24d

Mate, go the BFII XR6T. The 6sp Auto would be the winner for me. Throw in a couple $$$ at it and it will be much faster than the Phoon. Plus, being an MkII it might still have factory warranty?

If you go the phoon, you just have to remember about the running costs. Bigger wheels mean extra $$$ for new tyres, those brakes don't come cheap either to replace or repair. And unless you are taking it to regular track days, you don't need those bigger brakes just for everyday driving and giving it a squirt here and there.

Go the newer 6sp Auto XR6t!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 12d

Typhoon without a doubt .. Everyone drives a xr6 (well atleast in NZ)... alot more rare to see a phoon. Stuff auto and get a 6sp manual phoon

:spit: