Radar Detectors <merged Topic>

OwnaXR6T

• Member For: 20y 7m 22d

The most effective way that an RD will help you is relying on the signal reflections off a vehicle that is being radared in front of you. Or the speed check pulse that the HWP car uses to determine its speed. If your in the lead then it's most likely that your not going to get away with it.

• Member For: 21y 4m 27d

"Skunkworks" project in the wings. Peizo x-tal with percussion trigger. It sends a wacking great EMP pulse down the detector diode (radar front end) and either frys it (expensive for gummint) or causes a huge reset on the detector board.

I was working on a coms jammer back in the good old days when the radar guys had someone up the road to actually ping you. Big spark gap generator under the bonnet manually triggered when the cop goes for his radio. Progress (read lasers and auto triggers) put an end to that project.

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 11d

Well that sounds interesting puffnstuff, not that I'd broadcast a desire to purchase & use such an item.

Scotty

• Team Blueprint
  • Member For: 20y 11m 17d

Like Plonky says, the paint and radar detectors are a waste of time. Police are relying less on radars and more on laser where I am. If you could detect the laser its only on for as long as it takes to detect your speed. As soon as a detector picks it up its too late anyway.

A RD may get you away with it once or twice, when u get caught with it (and I may be wrong but I thibk they could be illegal imports under part of the Customs Act ???) its definitely not worth the hassle. Something like the Road Angel might not detect things, but its a more worthwhile investment as u would slow in areas that are blackspots and not just when u get detected.

Can I have a free one now ? ;)

• Member For: 20y 4m 26d

If im driving on the highway in an unmarked car and your 800m away all of a sudden reducing speed, then I know you detected the beam as you wouldnt have seen me.

The next step is me pulling you over and seizing it, never to be seen again.

• 6 months later...