Fg Turbo Exhaust Rattle

michaelhardy

• Member For: 14y 22d

I tested putting the hand brake on when it did it tonight on the way home stopped it straight away.

Tested it a couple times stopped at lights and worked every time. I think it sounds like the cables like you guys are experencing

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 6m

Yep same here, pulling the handbrake makes the sound disappear.

The FG handbrake is already proving more useful than the BA/BF one, it stops the car rolling AND stops the annoying sound....

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 3d

Still looking for victorians with this issue guys. I'm happy to send somebody to come and see/feel/hear the issue first hand, so that I can work on putting a fix in. Also interested to hear if anyone had the issue from new, or whether it has developed over time.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 16d

Unfortunately I am not in VIC.

My problem has progressively got worse from new.

It is now really annoying as it happens every time I stop. :turboboink::censored:

• Member For: 15y 7m 16d

Also interested to hear if anyone had the issue from new, or whether it has developed over time.

Mine wasn't there from new otherwise it would have been reported at the first service / inspection (3k km?). I'd guess it has shown up since ~10k km, now on 22k km. Mine is definitely related to engine rpm and load, I.e. it only does it once engines at normal operating temp, stationary in drive when the a/c cuts in.

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 26d

I had the same issue. Rattling noise, only heard inside the cabin, whilst in D and with foot on the brake (more apparent at low idle, which increased vibration in the car). Engaging the handbrake would generally stop the issue. The problem started to become annoying after about 1000k's. At its 3500k service I asked them to check it, they adjusted the handbrake, which hardly made a difference. It progressively got worse, eventually loud enough to stand out over the radio. So took it back to Macarthur Ford, Narrellan, who said they would sort it out, had the car all day, said they fixed it. Within 30 minutes it was back. Called them up, said they couldn't really do anymore, it was a known issue and that Ford was working on a fix. So a letter to Ford the next day resulted in a call to explain that they would fix the issue ASAP. Took it back down the Macarthur Ford, they had it for an hour, and it was fixed. So at 4000k's it was sorted. Now just ticking past 10000k's its started to come back. Exactly the same issue. Looks like another letter to Ford is required. Apart from this issue, which is hard to overcome when your sitting in a new, $45,000 ute, that sounds like its falling apart to the shock of the passenger, I have enjoyed the way the car drives and looks.

Edited by jmr567

• Member For: 14y 10m 26d

Still looking for victorians with this issue guys. I'm happy to send somebody to come and see/feel/hear the issue first hand, so that I can work on putting a fix in. Also interested to hear if anyone had the issue from new, or whether it has developed over time.

Heya, I am in Vic at the moment fixing cars from the Hail storm.

I still have this annoying noise in my F6 as I havent had time to go to the dealer.

Same thing, goes away when you pull the handbrake on.

Started happening after 5000 kms of use.

Only thing is, it seems to only happen once the car is warmed up, so need a few mins to get it up to temperature.

Where are you located? I am working in Nunawading at the moment

Edited by schmick325

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 20y 4m 12d

Hi Guys

My first post, I picked up my new FG XR6T Ute from Ford last week. The first thing I noticed when I got around the corner from the dealer was the noise.

Exhaust rattle I thought first up and I turned to my wife and said............I can fix that.

Fortunatly I own Performance Pipes and ProChargers at acacia ridge. Next morning my new car with 82 kilometers on the clock is up on the hoist which amused my customers who had to wait as I pushed my car to the top of the list for the workshop.

No rattle from the exhaust. However I noticed the rub markes around the rear axle housing and wondered if at some stage in mamufacture this process grabs the handbrake cables ?? I fond that above the diff housing the cable rested against the diff and that the cable had been some how pulled out of the fastening clip.

I simply pushed the cable back into the rubber clip mount and bent it a little bit tighter. Fixed the vibration. Hope this helps.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 3d

yeah those rub marks are normal mate - they're already on the beam axles sitting in stillages fresh from futuris.

From the one car I've managed to investigate so far the root cause is not the handbrake cable (I wish it was that simple).

However, more info is generally a good thing, so still hunting. schmick I'll be in touch