Project Manual Typhoon 9 Sec

SPIKO

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 21d

Well I can truly say that we are as ready as we can be to start initial testing tomorrow :innocent::icon_ford:

After a mammoth effort by Jamie (FPT) & Kyle (6Boost) it has been proven that when they are given the time they can overcome major hurdles :bowdown: Let us not be fooled gentleman the cams and head-work on the old girl are massive & un-chartered territory on the factory CPU :surrenderwave: I can honestly say that after spending a day with the boys today that we are confident that all voodoo issues at level 1 from 3 in total testing parameters have been achieved :innocent:

A little vid dedicated to Dario regarding Id 2000's massive cams and Idle AFR

We are happy with this starting point for testing :beerchug::roflmbo:

post-6379-0-95935700-1290508704_thumb.jp

Now lets look at some really serious boost and torque :roflmbo: (Traction?)

post-6379-0-91960300-1290508843_thumb.jp

Now we are happy with these AFR's :innocent:

post-6379-0-17213300-1290508895_thumb.jp

On an ending note I figure you fella's have seen enough dyno pull vid's, hopefully tomorrow I can provide you with a track vid, we will let the mph do the talking from here on end :buttrock:

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 5d

Unfortunately today got the better of us with the weather, but it wasn't all bad as we got to do some final checks on the car to ensure that it will perform as flawlessly as we are hoping it will. For those that didn't pick it up, the first dyno sheet doesn't match the second with the 35psi boost pressure, look at the torque figures from each pull and it may give you an idea of "stage 3":spit: What was the previous pb torque Spiro? 16500??:roflmbo: :roflmbo:

6boost :turboboink:

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 5d

Well people, the update you have all been waiting for :spoton:

Today we took Spiro's beast to the track for another blast after some more tuning on bigger injectors and different fuel this week. We also came armed with 3 tunes and eboost settings. It was a bracket event at Willowbank today, so the track was great, and they had a testing lane going allowing us to get in 5 runs. After tuning for maximum output earlier in the week, we have started to have the head start to lift juuuust enough to squeeze some coolant out, so to be safe we backed the power off 10psi for todays testing, better to be safe than either hurt the motor or water the tyres and crash the car.

The day wasn't without its issues, we are fighting an issue with trying to use an aftermarket 2 step along with the factory ECU, and it has taken us to the last pass today to work out that it only works before the burnout, despite that it worked perfectly last time out :crybaby: The first 4 passes netted what could only be considered a waste of time, the car not building boost on the 2 step and I think the best 60ft was around 2.5 seconds, with the best time being a 12.3@138mph, picking up 38mph in the top end. To eliminate the differences between our 2 step testing in the pits vs on the start line, we thought we'd make one last ditch effort and take it out and completely avoid doing a burnout, we drove around the water box and went straight into stage.

To say the last pass of the day has shed some light on the true potential of the car is a major understatement, the first 4 passes serving to familiarise Spiro with the power output and what it likes on gearchanges etc. With the 2 step working, but still not to its full potential at 9psi, the car launched with a wheelspinning 1.82 60ft, to power on to a new xr6t Manual record of:

10.22@145mph!!!!!:spoton:

To say Driver and Crew are over the moon is a massive understatement. I personally have been reserved in touting figures and expectations for the car, and to wait and let its performance do the talking, but after today I am confident with another 150hp in the car, the 2 step doing what I want, and a perfect pass, you will undoubtedly see the black beast run well into the 9's@over 150mph :dontknow: Timeslip is attached below, but due to too small a SD card, and a little retardation on my behalf, I didn't get video of this run :bye: I will put up some video of an earlier run later this weekend, if anyone was there and got video, please let us know!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend big fella, I look forward to our next outing with great anticipation :bliss:

post-14241-0-47255300-1290839235_thumb.j

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 6d

f*ck YEAH!!! Well done boys! Definitely a 9 in there!!!

Congrats to everyone involved! Awesome effort!!!