Reality Check

F6 UTE

• Member For: 15y 5m 7d

Amen to that.

It scares me that there are some many hypo xr6t's out there these days in the hands of drivers that haven't "grown up" in hi powered cars. 400rwkw is the new 300. 300rwkwn is still 400hp for farks sake. Nothing to be sneezed at or taken lightly.

My wife,family,friends are out on the roads with car like this being driven by people who may or may not have the capability to control the car (or there own rushes of blood to the head)

Im not saying im perfect or have never done anything silly in a car, but I've said it before, at 21 I thought I could drive, now staring down the barrel of 30 I know I had NFI.

end/rant

I thought I could drive, smashed it once, still thought I could, smashed it again. now im lucky enough to still be alive and actually still have the car in good nick (fks me how I missed the sh*t I did), but now ive learnt im going to keep it at the track. cars these days are getting way to easy to get power out of its not a good thing really

• Member For: 14y 8m 7d

I think this thread will be good to get all the opinions and rants from everyone.

I still think there should be mandatory defensive driving and advance driving courses in school age kids that have just gotten their learners, Then once again when they get their P Plates.

Before I mod my current xr6t I will be looking around for advance driving courses in the Brisbane area (or close to it).

The power that these cars have when you stick it to them is amazing and can take even older/advance drivers by surprise.

I will be keeping an eye on this thread as it is a topic that I have great respect for.

Todd.

Edited by xr6t 4.0

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 3d

The owner of the car, Damien, is friends with alot of people that view this site, and yes he was already a paraplegic.

The good news is he survived, which seems impossible I know.

I have a few more pics from a holding yard in somerville ill post when im back on my own computer.

And untill anybody knows what really happened I think its spineless to flame the poor bloke

I think it had 700whp and a 2speed glide

Edited by Buf-Phoon

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 9m 6d

sheesh that looks like a NASTY tbone...

would it be stupid for me to ask if he will be selling parts or whole thing? ...or is it too soon...

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 4d

The owner of the car, Damien, is friends with alot of people that view this site, and yes he was already a paraplegic.

The good news is he survived, which seems impossible I know.

I have a few more pics from a holding yard in somerville ill post when im back on my own computer.

And untill anybody knows what really happened I think its spineless to flame the poor bloke

I think it had 700whp and a 2speed glide

ps u can remove RIP from the title

Well that is good news that Damian is still with us.Very lucky indeed.

I really don't agree that anyone is flaming him. It is just a timely reminder

to all of us how these hi-powered cars can easily get any one into trouble.

You just have to look at the power a large number of members cars make

to realise just how many modded Ts and Phoons are out there

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 13d

Certainly not apportioning any blame in what I said, just making a very valid point.

These are a big fish that is hard to catch when they get loose.

Glad that he is still with us.....that is incredible!

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 15y 9m 1d

Well agreed 400 is the new 300 as that's what im chasing :fishin:

maybe putting on 6p front / 4p rear brakes on the car last was maybe not the best idea, I recon even at stock power level the brakes were more suited to a N/A XR6. But all comes down to the dollars in the end.

I just turned 20 and yes lack of experiance amoung young drivers can be a dangerous mix, however it's upto the person to take it easy untill they are confident enough as I know heaps of people who are cocky and think at 17 they can control these cars straight up.

I did performance in stages though, I.e. jsut tune, then exhuast/injectors, process west kit, high flo cat/upgraded turbo...

imo you will never gain driving experiance unless actually driving the car over time as cars will vary depending on tuner/mod combinations. boost can come on differently etc.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10d

Agreed!! Its a bit hard to gain decent experience in an excel.

You can buy power, you can buy a well set up car but you cant buy common sense and IMO that's what kills young people and their friends / innocent road users sadly.

Having a hi-po car as my first didnt do me any harm and I genuinely think im a reasonable driver as a result of those (and continuing) learning curves :)

Edited by TUFCLUTCH