Reality Check

F6 UTE

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m

OMG! look at the size of that tree! And it's snapped clean off!

They must have been absolutely flying.

Apparently he was doing 140 at the time but I think it was more.. I think that because the car hit the gravel on the right side medium strip,, lost control sliding over 50m across 3 lanes onto the footpath on the left side of the road and snapping the tree..

Driver was drunk,, under suspention for previous driving offences,, the only one that survived was a girl in the back seat.. Her brother put his body around her just before impact possibly saving her..

Edited by freeze_dk

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 9d

Yeah, was he a P plater too and was it a Turbo car? Cause I seem to remember these "save the chidren" idiots harping on about how Turbo cars should be restricted/banned when the kid shouldn't have been in it anyway...

Also, the Police report said they were doing 140 on impact with the skids on the road estimated at 160. Before the car began to skid, they could have been doing 170 or more. There was also a call to ban 6 cyl cars on red P's (along with possibly Turbo's if that car did have a turbo???) but that was rejected by the Police Minister because "4 cyl cars can go just as quick, if not quicker than these falcon's and commodore's. The only difference is that it takes them longer to get to these speeds. They can still get up to these dangerous speeds on long straight sections of road such as this".

• 3 months later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 2d

you guys are crazy if you think only young drivers like to have a squirt, I have seen NUMEROUS older blokes having fun in there cars, the difference is they dont do it STUPIDLY, you can give your car a little bit of a squirt to 80 odd in a 60 zone, most young blokes like to see there speedo's off the clock and try to get sideways at 100+ kmph which is where the trouble starts.

and 300+ at the wheels probably doesnt help.

• 4 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 18d

Agree with most posts here. Those pics are shocking reminders of what can happen when it all goes pear shaped.. Started driving when I was like 10, got my first car at 14ish It was a little ke20 1.3l corolla. flogged it for about 2 years on dirt roads with next to no maintenance, bald tyres, useless brakes, shot suspension and steering joints. I smashed it at close to top speed and only had a stiff neck. I was doing about 110 when I lost it and 90ish when I hit the 30cm wide hardwood fence post (which I snapped off clean at the bottom) I got out and screamed F&^%!!! coz I broke my car. now what am I gonna drive?? well if it was even a standard ba falcon I could have been doing 200 when I lost it and it coulda been myself I broke.

I know its a tough subject and lumping all P platers into one category is wrong, but maybe designing P plater friendly cars with speed limiters of 120km/h or so could save some lives. you can have plenty of fun and learning in a car that does 120 Kms! Just because you are off your L plates doesnt mean u should stop learning!

I know I cannot drive as quickly around a track now as when I was 15, simply because I care if I die these days.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 10m 17d

Definitely a wake up call though not all young blokes are idiots. I had a 12sec silvia as my first car (had previously driven a lot though) and I never had an accident. Still haven't, it's about being constantly aware of what's going on around you.