How To Install Angel Eyes

• Member For: 19y 7m 26d

This is what the kit consists of. 4 Lights and 2 power injectors.

1.jpg

First thing to do is remove the front bar. Undo the plastic screws and the 2 bolts under the plastic cover. You will also need to undo the screws in the wheel arch. Now carefully pull the bar off stating from wheel arch and pulling outwards.

Unplug the spotlights and put the bar away.

2.jpg

Remove the indicator plug from the headlight assembly by twisting.

3.jpg

Undo the 4 bolts holding the headlight assembly to the body. Carefully pull forward and remove the plugs connecting to the high/low beam and parker lights.

4.jpg

With the assembly out remove the globes and rubber dust covers.

5.jpg

Now the fun bit.

Turn oven on to 200deg

Leave to warm up

Turn oven off

Put light assembly in oven on a piece of wood. Don’t let the assembly touch the oven!!!

Leave for 5-7mins

Wearing gloves pull the assembly from the oven and start pulling it apart starting from the pointy end. You may need to use a screw driver to lift the tabs up. It will be VERY tight. Just take you time and PULLLLLLLL. :buttonit:

Once apart let the glue cool down. Take care not to smudge the glue.

Using a T20 bit undo the 2 screws joining the lens to the inner assembly.

6.jpg

7.jpg

Carefully remove the tab on the smaller globe. I removed the long plastic bar on the larger globe purely for cosmetics. Be very careful if you do remove the bar as it stops the globe from bending and snapping.

8.jpg

I used acid free silicon to secure the globes to the chrome surrounds. DO NOT USE MASKING TAPE TO HOLD THE GLOBE TO THE CHROME. IT WILL PEEL THE CHROME OFF.

9.jpg

Pass the cables through the back of the assembly.

11a.jpg

Before screwing the Lens back to the assembly I used cotton wool to clean any finger prints off the inner chrome and black plastic. Pass the wire through the globe hole

12.jpg

To put the assembly back together I used picture frame clamps. It worked a treat. Once it was clamped together I used the girlfriends hairdryer to heat up each section and pushed it together. Make sure the tabs are pushed over the notch.

10.jpg

11.jpg

I hooked up my angel eyes to my parker lights. I simply cut the wires and joined them together. Brown being + and black being -. I also put heat shrink over the joins. I then cable tied the box to the other cables to keep everything tidy.

13.jpg

Put everything back together in the reverse order.

14.jpg

For anyone that is interested in purchasing the angel eyes pm Gr8xr6 for a good price.

Thanks mate.

• Like 2

• Member For: 17y 2m 19d

care to do mine mate haha, looks great I want to do the same to mine just haven't had the money to sent off another set of lights.

how much was the angel lights kit???

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 6d

Nice work shawn and awesome write-up! I'm looking forward to getting mine installed in the next month or so! I am also hoping to get these in for around $50 - $65 a set plus postage. Depends on exchange rate! Post up your interest and maybe PM me or maybe I can setup a group buy if there is enough interested in these great looking mod for our cars! This write-up should get a sticky IMO!

:buttonit:

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 6d

Will see how much interest there is! I will be placing an order in a couple of weeks anyway! PM me if seriously interested and I'll keep you in the loop if I don't post up a group buy!

I can get other colours and other models of cars too!

:stupid:

Edited by GR8XR6

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 3d

+1 for group buy! Something to make me do my tax return hahaha...

• Like 1

• F6 Phoon ----- MISH!!
  • Member For: 17y 1m 7d

I did mine bout 6 months ago I'll post up a pic the sarv when I'm home the sarv your write up is good but can be finished off better I'll post up the fg lights I just did aswell as my bf f6

Edited by AGENT ORANGE