Show Us Your Car!

Plugg3r

• Caring Understanding Northern Territorian
  • Member For: 15y 9m 12d

Hey Guys,

So we can get to know each other, lets put pics of our cars up.

Mines pretty obvious with the plates but here we go.

n520351412_1942461_905.jpg

n520351412_1808501_5726.jpg

n520351412_1808499_4955.jpg

• Member For: 15y 3m 11d

Here's mine...not hard too spot at all, I have big ford sticker across back window and also car is debaged and replaced with small herrod motorsport ones.

DSC00737.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

sorry about the big pic sizes.

Edited by Lynchy

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 1m 15d

Here's mine...not hard too spot at all, I have big ford sticker across back window and also car is debaged and replaced with small herrod motorsport ones.

DSC00692.jpg

sorry about the big pic sizes.

Hi Lynchy,

Awesome car!

Do you have your car tuned locally in Darwin and if so, who is it?

Cheers

Buzz

Edited by buzzdog

Thanks mate, yeh I had tuning done at JSM next to D&T in Pinelands. If you want them to tune it though they dont use sct flash boxes so you get stuck with the 1 tune. I still have my flash box for when I move down to Adelaide next year. Tune from JSM is pretty good..have a look at my dyno graph in the 300+ club section, it should be under BAII 342rwk.

No probs mate! Always been a fan of yellow!

When you say they dont use SCT flash boxes, how do you mean? What do they use instead of the SCT tuners? Im assuming that with only one tune theyll try and squeeze as much power out of your car as possible, right?

If you dont mind me asking, how much does the tune cost and is it a tune in which you can re-load yourself over again…or one you have to head into the shop for every time you want to change?

Yeh mate I'm in A.Coy 7 RAR.

Instead of sct they just tune/flash the factory computer and yeh pretty much they will get your car putting out good safe figures for what mods you have, although some would say mine ain't really a safe tune for a BAII but it is loving life.

I have been running the car like this for 6 months now with a thrash here and there but I dont redline the car when I thrash it (get too much wheelspin between gears anyway haha).

I paid $1000 for the tune which is not a bad price for Darwin, Cant re-flash tune yourself...but if you take it in again they wont charge $1000 everytime because they only need to make subtle changes and not start from scratch.

Yeh mate I'm in A.Coy 7 RAR.

Instead of sct they just tune/flash the factory computer and yeh pretty much they will get your car putting out good safe figures for what mods you have, although some would say mine ain't really a safe tune for a BAII but it is loving life.

I have been running the car like this for 6 months now with a thrash here and there but I dont redline the car when I thrash it (get too much wheelspin between gears anyway haha).

I paid $1000 for the tune which is not a bad price for Darwin, Cant re-flash tune yourself...but if you take it in again they wont charge $1000 everytime because they only need to make subtle changes and not start from scratch.

Fancy that, my bro was 5/7 Recon and I’m in the RAAF based down in Tindal, might have to catch up one day and check out your ride the next time I’m up in darwin on a truck run.

How do you mean your tune ain’t really a safe tune for BAII?

You’ve gotta have a thrash here and there, I mean what’s the point of doing all the work without using it?

Sounds like a good deal…it also sounds good that they only charge you pro-rata with your additional tunes. Speaking of which, do you need to take it in often to be retuned?

Do you have many more pics of your ride, as what you’ve described is pretty much what I’m aiming for with my turbo.

I haven’t really done a great deal with my Turbo, compared to majority of the guys on the forum. Mine is a 04 BA 1, so far I’ve added the following:

Plazmaman stage 1 cold side piping,

KLS intercooler,

K&N air filter,

Atomic Valve Springs,

PWR expansion tank,

Silicon hoses,

GFB BOV,

XForce Guages,

And of course 19” XHP dirty dogs running Kumho 245/35/19.

I got myself an X3 tuner and have been using the generic tunes without too many issues. Like you I don’t flog the sh*t out of it, but give it a squirt here and there. Before I get a custom tune I’d like to upgrade to a T56 gearbox and an XForce Quad exhaust, much the same as what you’ve described.

A few extra items I’m looking at adding are Tein suspension, upgraded swaybars, superpro bushes, bigger rotors and bigger calipers.

But that’s on the wish list and only if a few deals go well, just have to wait and see.

Have you got anything else in the works for yours?

Fancy that, my bro was 5/7 Recon and Im in the RAAF based down in Tindal, might have to catch up one day and check out your ride the next time Im up in darwin on a truck run.

How do you mean your tune aint really a safe tune for BAII?

Youve gotta have a thrash here and there, I mean whats the point of doing all the work without using it?

Sounds like a good deal…it also sounds good that they only charge you pro-rata with your additional tunes. Speaking of which, do you need to take it in often to be retuned?

Do you have many more pics of your ride, as what youve described is pretty much what Im aiming for with my turbo.

I havent really done a great deal with my Turbo, compared to majority of the guys on the forum. Mine is a 04 BA 1, so far Ive added the following:

Plazmaman stage 1 cold side piping,

KLS intercooler,

K&N air filter,

Atomic Valve Springs,

PWR expansion tank,

Silicon hoses,

GFB BOV,

XForce Guages,

And of course 19 XHP dirty dogs running Kumho 245/35/19.

I got myself an X3 tuner and have been using the generic tunes without too many issues. Like you I dont flog the sh*t out of it, but give it a squirt here and there. Before I get a custom tune Id like to upgrade to a T56 gearbox and an XForce Quad exhaust, much the same as what youve described.

A few extra items Im looking at adding are Tein suspension, upgraded swaybars, superpro bushes, bigger rotors and bigger calipers.

But that's on the wish list and only if a few deals go well, just have to wait and see.

Have you got anything else in the works for yours?

Only reason it isn't fully safe for a BAII is the thinner rods, 340rwk is pretty much the limit unless you upgrade the bottom end. Some people are running slightly more then me and haven't thrown rods, so I'm happy keeping it where it is. I just look after it properly and change oil at 5000 instead of 10,000 and stuff like that.

After having the tune theres no real need/reason to get it done all the time. Only time you need a another tune is if you change things I.e bigger cat or dump pipe. Best way to go about it is save the cash to buy all the parts you need in one hit and then take it in for a dyno tune.

Well looks like you have made a good start, and if you end up doing the other mods you want it'll be a weapon.

I would like to do brakes, six pot with big rotors would be nice and toughen up the bottom end (rods, and forged pistons). I'm sort of aiming to have the car at a level where it could do a lot of track time but still daily street driven too. $$$ is the problem though haha already put nearly $10,000 into it already, another overseas deployment and I'd drop another $10,000 at it to completely finish it.

Edited by Lynchy