Trans Cooler Install

Maximus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 7m 2d

Appreciate the reply I've ordered all the hose and speedflow fittings in 1/2", just need the cooler now.

Hopefully the 1/2" hose still bends nicely like that. Will also have a look at how much air it will get on the G6e, don't reckon there is a gap around the running lights compared to the XR foggies

Thanx for confirming, will post pix when I'm done.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

That's a tight location. Maybe get these for the top and use AN fittings on the cooler and 400 series push on hose. Way better than worm drive clamps. 

EJSFwo95j1yDXDEpmMn99XA1OcVijw4WuGMghNdG

9WoCw4ax9-G2E5DJA2UUOgDdreS63v0hT0Om4teQ

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1

^^^ yep, probs be a nicer job but Ive already ordered the barbed end cooler.

My thinking was to save a few $$$ , hopefully I'm as good on spanners as I am being thrifty to make it work with what Ive got.

I have no issues with quality clamps, used these with great success in many applications:

31VWQ4G1pwL.jpg

So I ventured into the lair after putting kids asleep on Friday night. Was a late one, but I got it all done, engine oil change, new genuine fuel and oil filter, fitted cooler and topped up the trans with some lifeguard.

Think I got it right, only done around 50-60kms of family driving since, but the trans seems to be working as it did prior. Keep looking under expecting to see a puddle but I must've got my lefties and righties around the right way.

Id do it with ani fittings at the cooler if doing it again, the extra $$$ would've made it that bit nicer, but hey, live and learn. Reckon being a MK2 G series I had the perimeter alarm to work around? Ive never noticed that big silly round thing behind the horns on other install pix before

Feel free to peer review my install and point out any potential downfalls I can rectify before I cause major damage.

Cheers to all the help and info from you guys, appreciated.

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG

IMG_1718.JPG

IMG_1724.JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1714.JPG

Edited by Ale
  • Like 1