Fg T Security System Failure/car Immobilised?

GMH8R

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 21d

Hi guy's I am wondering how many fg's have had this happen. Yesterday when I left supercheap, Just after I started my 08 fg xr6t it said on the dash cluster (dimmer light fault). Car ran fine, figured I'll ring ford today. Left supercheap and went to my inlaws place for half an hour. When I was leaving car tried to start but it just stopped. It then said on the dash Car immobilised, now car won't even turn over. I disconnected the battery for 10minutes. Tried again but same thing but it also says on the ICC screen security system failure. WTF

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 10d

looks like the Ford Dumblock has crapped itself

Ford service should fix it.

• Donating Members

Yeah? hope it isn't much. Spoke to ford after work today. They asked my a dozen or so questions. Have I modded it, Has it been tuned, have you done anything at all to it,

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 16d

Your battery is flat, replace the battery and it will be fine - then get your alternator checked at fraud

We used to get this all the time in the yard

• Donating Members

Basically mate, Was built late july. Picked it up mid august. Got car back from ford today, It was a loose wire on the control module. Is good now. Ford did annoy me with all the questions. Felt like I was being interogated by the 5 0 lol. What mods have you done? Has any of ya mates done anything to it? are you sure??? blah blah blah.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 30d

:blink:

Good stuff. The 12 month thing was referring to the battery as that's all they are warranted for...but turns out it was something else so it's all good. Was it towed to the dealer?

• Donating Members

Yeah, lucky it was at my sister inlaws place, Left it there sunday nite. Tow truck was there at 3pm monday, As I asked. Free of charge, Ford fixed it the next day, Very happy. But they must have thort I was that dude on austin powers. I will never tel you, unless you ask the same question 7 times I can't help myself and will tell you on the 8th, lol

• Member For: 14y 10m 4d

We had the G6ET Battery die on us within 6 months, rang the dealer up when it happened (5pm) as it wouldnt start and they sent a mechanic out straight away. Mechanic jump started it and we drove it to the dealer. When we go there they had a battery and mechanic there waiting.

Replaced battery free of charge with no questions asked except for the trouble shoooting