in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fCAZll8LIc

.50 0 to 60kmph

1.20 3rd gear gas it

3.00 3rd gear on and off the gas

3.28 3rd gear

3.45 stop and go

4.20 3rd to 2nd gas it

Edited by STEVE_BAXR

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 16d

Good work Steve, post up the step by step and I will add it to the first post.

Guest STEVE_BAXR
  • Guests

OK I was not the best at school

Ba Diff Bush Instructional OLD TO NEW AND NEW TO NEW

Ba Diff Bush Instructional + photo's ...there are how to in the photo's BUT SORRY THAT I CAN NOT FIND THE PHOTO's OF THE OLD BUSH BUT YOU CAN GO OFF THE OTHER Ba Diff Bush Instructional to get the bush out it up to you......

TOOLS

medium strength thread locker

socket set with a 21mm in it

air saw

chisel

hammer

hole saw kit

jack

bush from www.superpropoly.com

To start take out the spare tyre.

it sounds bad BUT ITS THE EASY WAY 1 1/2 hours and the jobs done we cut hole's for intercooler pipe so.

Make a hole in the spare tyre well

1st make a mark about 17cm across from the rubber plug/grommet seen in photo.

then 10cm up from the spare tyre floor to line with the 17cm mark then drill a hole any size at the 10cm mark.

that's where the bush should be, next mark around the 10cm mark.

This is up to you how big you cut the hole to get to the bush my hole was about 14cm wide 12cm high as it was a test the bigger the more easy BUT BUT the bigger the patch will be,

or if you can get a hole saw 14cm round use that.

All done can you see the old bush if not ?? .

NEXT

using the hole saw cut throught old bush carefully not to cut into diff housing, keep it inside the old mental diff bush outer case or you can do the same as in the other Ba Diff Bush Instructional.

with the rubber out get the air saw and cut a slice in the old bush case only not the diff housing sub frame.

NEXT get the case out with a hammer and a chisel hit the case up where the slice is to push it in then it should pull out, note you have to hit it from under the car to push the case up.

you can jack the can up to get to it AND PUT STANDS UNDER IT TOO..

There are varies techniques to get the bush .

NEXT

place the jack under the diff just to hold it up in the centre of the sub frame place the new bush in and all is done.

Then make a nice patch to cover the hole paint the metal to stop rust sikaflex and revert the patch on then some paint all done ..

................................................................................

PS next time you need to do it just take the patch off as in the photo in the post

NOW IF YOU HAVE A NEW BUSH IN BUT DON'T LIKE THE NOISE GET THE NEW BUSH THAT I HAVE FROM SUPERPRO - FULCRUM.www.superpropoly.com

HOW to get the old (new) bush out and put a SUPERPRO bush in .

you need a jack,slide hammer, A dynabolt to hold the bush while pulling it out as seen in the photo but I have a bit mig on the dynabolt for the slide hammer.

NOTE!!! take the diff bush to find a dynabolt that will go in the bolt hole just I had to sand a bit off my dynabolt to make it fit.

put the jack under the diff to hold it up take the diff bush bolt out, place the home made dynabolt tool in the bush as in photo do the bolt up then slide hammer it out.........

push the NEW NO NOISE BUSH in then put the bolt back with medium strength thread locker on it ....put the patch on and all done......

just a vid of the new bush with my low tune and high tune

in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI_XRVfy-8o

.40sec 0 to 60,

1.08 3rd gear gas it back to 2nd hard

1.25 gas it

3.09 stop and go 1st 2nd 3rd

3.40 stop and go

4.20 from 4th to 3rd then gas it

5.30 2nd gear 40kmph gas it

6.00 same as above then back off hard

in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fCAZll8LIc

.50 0 to 60kmph

1.20 3rd gear gas it

3.00 3rd gear on and off the gas

3.28 3rd gear

3.45 stop and go

4.20 3rd to 2nd gas it

Edited by STEVE_BAXR

• Member For: 16y 4m 1d

Great find Steve :spoton: .....well done!

Now we have some definitive "evidence".

What a joke the std one is. To then void the bush is just crap. No wonder they also tear after a period of time which looks to be the first step of failure.

From the 2 videos......when accelerating over bumps I think the poly would be easier on the bolt as at least it still has "some" give, whereas the std rubber one just bottoms out with a large and sudden rise in load on the bolt.

Better than std, but ...........Someone needs to make a billet cover where the cover extends into the bush with the bolt only taking a fore and aft (tension) load like they are designed to do.

Anyone?

Edited by Smoke them tyres

• Member For: 16y 10m

there is quite allot of deflection / distortion of the new bush, it looks like the top half of the bush compresses down quite allot, leaving a gap between the bush and subframe. I wonder if somewhere in between this compound and the original would be better?