Nolathane Diff Bush Noise Fix?

Guest STEVE_BAXR

• Member For: 21y 26d
Waiting patiently for the step-by-step method used to replace the bush...

Mate just look at the pictures, its all there. Except you need either a 9" angle grinder, oxy or plazma cutter to cut the the hole.

I like dyna bolt idea. It would have to be a really slack -unt who thought of that.

Guest STEVE_BAXR
  • Guests
Steve, looking at the pics, I cant see how its different to my Superpro bush? softer material? or some holes in it to give it more flex?

It is a softer material no hole's I cant say to much but it works so far I will have a vid soon , the boys at fulcrum are on to a good thing they will have my vid as well to see how much flex it has under power etc.

Guest STEVE_BAXR
  • Guests
A dynabolt to hold the bush while you jam it in, that's f*cking gold. :thumbsup:

yep a dynabolt to pull it out that's the hard bit , it easy to put in just hit it with a hammer.

xr6greg

OK I will do a new post on a step + step with pic's tonight but as you can see there not much to it :blush:

• Member For: 16y 10m 2d

steve, is there clearance between the diff cradle and the spare tyre well for the bush to be removed, or is it necessary to have a larger hole in the spare well for the bush to fit through.

When I was looking at it, with the car on the hoist, I thought the bush may be able to be removed between the cradle and well, with just a hole big enough for a socket in the wheel well.

If not a circular hole cutter drill attachment would be perfect to cut the hole, then paint the raw metal edges when done, and cover up with a big bit of tar based sound deadener sheet.

Guest STEVE_BAXR
  • Guests
steve, is there clearance between the diff cradle and the spare tyre well for the bush to be removed, or is it necessary to have a larger hole in the spare well for the bush to fit through.

When I was looking at it, with the car on the hoist, I thought the bush may be able to be removed between the cradle and well, with just a hole big enough for a socket in the wheel well.

If not a circular hole cutter drill attachment would be perfect to cut the hole, then paint the raw metal edges when done, and cover up with a big bit of tar based sound deadener sheet.

yep you could just make a hole to get the bolt out , the pro bush will fit between the cradle and well but if you had the old (ford rubber bush) you would have to make it so you could get to it out ,I only made the hole so big to see what I was up for .

• Member For: 16y 10m 2d

Thanks steve, that's great news, as I already have a superpro bush, I could just cut a circle the size of a socket to get to the bolt, then use the same method that you did to remove it and install, then just plug the hole with a rubber firewall type plug/grommet.

Guest STEVE_BAXR
  • Guests

rubber firewall type plug/grommet :icon_ford: then it would look stock I will do the vid of the bush on the weekend, I have been driving the car all week to work 130km a day on and off the gas , 0 to 100 fast , back to 3rd to over take , and 80 to --- all good