Fg Clutch Rattle ?

licoric

• Member For: 16y 10m 21d

Just a heads up on on fg rattling clutch, had 3000k service today and mentioned it, clutch works fine, but appears to be pressure plate related, Service tell me Ford have knowledge of the problem and new clutch kit on back order anyone else similar problem?

Good to here, do you know if just the pressure plate replaced or is it a complete clutch , csc pressure plate and clutch plate?

• Member For: 15y 1m 21d
Just a heads up on on fg rattling clutch, had 3000k service today and mentioned it, clutch works fine, but appears to be pressure plate related, Service tell me Ford have knowledge of the problem and new clutch kit on back order anyone else similar problem?

Yeah mate mine is noisy, sort of a 'back-lash' type noise when driving which you can drive around it but its a pain in the arse, is that the same as yours? So is for ford going to fix it under warranty? cause I've heard all sorts of stories where they think everything is within acceptable standards and all this s**t. Also is your gearbox noisy aswell, if sit at idle in nuetral with clutch out there is a soft 'rattle'??

This is clutch related, now if you just touch,or depress clutch pedal sitting in neutral,motor running, about quarter to half inch you will hear this clicking noise, The backlash noise you describe fairly common, my BF was the same.

As you say you can drive around it as I have , that's why alot more buy autos as most people cant get there head around it, personally, I think they dont know how to drive

• Member For: 18y 6m 19d

that's the same story they told me when I had 200k,s on the clock when I purchased my ba mk 2

just another bs story from fraud

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 11m 9d

<!--quoteo(post=904494:date=Jul 10 2009, 05:57 PM:name=licoric)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (licoric @ Jul 10 2009, 05:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=904494"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Just a heads up on on fg rattling clutch, had 3000k service today and mentioned it, clutch works fine, but appears to be pressure plate related, Service tell me Ford have knowledge of the problem and new clutch kit on back order anyone else similar problem?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah mate mine is noisy, sort of a 'back-lash' type noise when driving which you can drive around it but its a pain in the arse, is that the same as yours? So is for ford going to fix it under warranty? cause I've heard all sorts of stories where they think everything is within acceptable standards and all this s**t. Also is your gearbox noisy aswell, if sit at idle in nuetral with clutch out there is a soft 'rattle'??

Just noticed mine doing this... By the time I got home it felt like the back tires were spinning when I tried to take off... Wonder how Ford will handle me tomorrow morning being Christmas eve...

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 14y 11m 9d

Just noticed mine doing this... By the time I got home it felt like the back tires were spinning when I tried to take off... Wonder how Ford will handle me tomorrow morning being Christmas eve...

Turned out the be the tailshaft bearing! replaced 5 days later!