Fg Lowering

Darcy

• Member For: 14y 11m 23d

They are 20x8.5 I really like the look of them however wouldnt mind them wider on the back to fill the rear guard more but the rubber is cheap on this so its good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 4m 4d

hi guys I had the rear of the ute done, so I thought I would share the results. I had the SL springs put in, and although there is a bit of talk that they don't lower the car at all, the front came down 15mm from stock, which I am happy with. I had the rear leafs reset 35mm lower than stock. So here are some before and afters.. they are only dont on the phone so they are pretty bad but you get the idea... Note that the rear is sitting about 45mm lower than stock in the after photos as I have my tools in it.

The first 3 pics are before lowering, the last 5 pics are after lowering.

cheers

kyle

post-32986-1247904215_thumb.jpg

post-32986-1247904319_thumb.jpg

post-32986-1247904353_thumb.jpg

post-32986-1247904438_thumb.jpg

post-32986-1247904493_thumb.jpg

post-32986-1247904533_thumb.jpg

post-32986-1247904663_thumb.jpg

post-32986-1247904686_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 14y 11m 16d

Lower your FG Ute (seems to be problems only with Auto's) or carry a bit of a load and its a matter of time before the rear tailshaft CV decintergrates.

ford1.jpg

ford3.jpg

Happened to my F6 a week ago and you are looking at a 5 week wait for parts from Ford.

I ended up taking my car away from Ford and getting a whole custom shaft made up.

Dealers have been told to deny warranty claims on lowered ute's as well. So if it goes id get it raised before it goes to Ford (wouldn't take it there either!)

Your car looks hot BTW! Makes me want to lower mine now.

Edited by schmick325

• Member For: 15y 4m 4d

yeah I have heard about the cv's going... I just hope it does not go, but if it does I will be getting ford to replace it (will raise it again first)... that is pretty crap though that your f6 did it without even being lowered. poor form if you ask me.. if the car is rated to carry 550 kg or whatever it is, then it should be able to do at least close to that all day every day and not blow up cv's.. but I will see how I go.. cheers for the info..

• Member For: 14y 9m 1d

Hey guys, going to hi-jack the thread a little as there is to many lowered topics already.

First up both cars look mint, mad props to Darcy and Kjc, up until this thread I was not going to lower my upcoming XR6T

My few questions I have are aimed at I guess those who have had there utes lowered for a while-

1. With the lowered suspension does it seem to eat more tyres? my currant ute is lowered and it seems to eat way more than non lowered utes with the same wheels/tyres and I drive this thing tame as.

2. Im thinking of only lowering the rear, with the load in the rear of approx 300 to 350kg constant would this bring the rear down to a nice height? my currant ute was lowered at the rear and with the weight its ultra low thankfully I have airbags in it and have them pumped up all the time, so thinking to not have this issue just not lower and add tools lol

3. What brand is best for comfort if I lowered the front springs? I have those progressive rate coils (think that's what they called) where the coil is tight at one end and wider on the other on my wifes euro, and most of the time it feels un-lowered, any brands have this type of springs for ford?

4. If I do lower the rear do they have airbags for the ford? my last ones where in the spring type in a VY from pedders, and if I did lower the rear with airbag would that put less street on the CV issues I just seen in this topic?

Any help would be great. cheers.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 11d
Hey guys, going to hi-jack the thread a little as there is to many lowered topics already.

First up both cars look mint, mad props to Darcy and Kjc, up until this thread I was not going to lower my upcoming XR6T

My few questions I have are aimed at I guess those who have had there utes lowered for a while-

1. With the lowered suspension does it seem to eat more tyres? my currant ute is lowered and it seems to eat way more than non lowered utes with the same wheels/tyres and I drive this thing tame as.

If your ute is lowered correctly and the wheel alignment, toe and camber settings right you shouldn't have any dramas with scrubbing tyres. If your vehicle is stock then you may need a good wheel alignment.

2. Im thinking of only lowering the rear, with the load in the rear of approx 300 to 350kg constant would this bring the rear down to a nice height? my currant ute was lowered at the rear and with the weight its ultra low thankfully I have airbags in it and have them pumped up all the time, so thinking to not have this issue just not lower and add tools lol

It will depend on what you class as a "nice" height, how often do you have tools in the back?

3. What brand is best for comfort if I lowered the front springs? I have those progressive rate coils (think that's what they called) where the coil is tight at one end and wider on the other on my wifes euro, and most of the time it feels un-lowered, any brands have this type of springs for ford? Kings Springs do progressive rate springs, however the falcon utes use Leaf Springs in the rear, not coils.

4. If I do lower the rear do they have airbags for the ford? my last ones where in the spring type in a VY from pedders, and if I did lower the rear with airbag would that put less street on the CV issues I just seen in this topic? The CV issues come from the suspension geometry changing as a result of lowered ride height, it won't matter how you do it, the will still be the risk of the centre CV being under stress. I believe Ford are aware of te issue and are making a rolling change on the production line.

Any help would be great. cheers.

PM me your location and I can try and sort out some pricing for you and if you are in NSW we can work on complete installation prices too.

Cheers

Pat