Fg Lowering

Darcy

• Member For: 14y 11m 24d

Hi Guys,

Recently got my FG XR6 (non turbo) in silhouette and have now added advanti alpha in 20". Love how the ute has turned out however it drastically needs lowering approx. 3in. at the back and whatever height at the front to make the ute sit level. Just wondering if anyone has any advice for how much to lower at the front and also any advice to which brand,part no's. $$???? Very very appreciated

Cheers :innocent:

• Member For: 15y 4m 6d

mine is going in tomorrow to be lowered with king springs front (SSL) and reset rears. im sort of taking a punt but I think the front will go about 30mm lower and im going to drop the rear about 40mm. Ill take some measure ments and pics before and after for ya.

• Member For: 20y 6m 11d

I have SSL on the front of mine and once settled it lowers about 40mm. I have lowered the back 50mm and it still sits a bit higher than the front. Although it looks great if I had my time again I would go 45-50mm at the back but only SL at the front. SSL is just that bit too low for driveways, kerbs and speed humps because the utes have such a looong wheel base. If you do go SSL at the front, dont forget a camber kit other wise you will wear out the inside of your tyres very quickly because of too much negative camber.

Yeah well does anyone have the setup of king sl front and ssl at the back on a fg sounds like a good height to me as long as it is level.

Thanks

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 19d

my bro has a fg ute xr8 and is badly wanting to lower it but was told that lowing the rear chops out the rear cv's and also voids all drive train warrenty from ford. just be care full

mine is going in tomorrow to be lowered with king springs front (SSL) and reset rears. im sort of taking a punt but I think the front will go about 30mm lower and im going to drop the rear about 40mm. Ill take some measure ments and pics before and after for ya.

Hey KJC87

Any update on the lowering of your ute I would be really interested in pics if you have them as that is approx what I would be looking at

Cheers

• Member For: 15y 4m 6d

hey mate, sorry they didnt do the ute on friday, it is getting done tomorrow or wednesday. I changed my mind on the springs. after scraping my front bar on a driveway at stock height and speaking to king springs I got my mechanic to swap the SSL springs for SL. I took some before pics on the weekend and measured up, so as soon as it is done ill post up the pics and results. cheers. kyle.

• 09JET
  • Member For: 14y 10m

Hey guys sorry to hijack here, I have some questions about lowering an FG sedan, seemed inappropriaate to start a new thread.

I looked up King Springs and found a set of lowered springs (only want to lower a bit) and they say that they recommend shortened Monroe GT's in the back. I notice that they have an alliance with Monroe. Seems like lowering only 20mm or so that shortened shocks would be overkill? Lovells don't mention the need. Anyone got any experience with lowering a sedan and want to impart their experience?