Mystery Power Steering Leak Ba Xr6t Try To Work This One Out!

bluesmuso

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 7m 29d

Sorry Craig for not replying sooner, I have not looked at this thread for a while because it was the pump and the leak is just a bad memory now, no problems at all, no leaks and clean engine bay.

No I didn't have to remove the pulley, it is part of the pump, just remove the 3 bolts holding the pump on (the pulley has holes in it to access these bolts from the front) and remove and replace the pump, very easy access (love these inline engines) once the serpentine drive V belt is off it's easy.

Off topic but,

today I hit a sharp kerb and tore a chunk out of my F/L tyre and damaged the rim (18X8 speedy envy mk III) cosmetic only no flat spot in rim.

Bloody councils if only they kept their kerbs in good repair, this one had almost an inch of sharp concrete sticking out where a join had moved, and it was a curving road so parking parallel was difficult, as I stopped to pick up my son bang it hit (I'll need a wheel alignment to but it needed one anyway) .........not a good day for me, I complained to the council but they were not particularly interested.

Edited by bluesmuso

• Member For: 16y 7m 29d

2nd hand $110 from wreckers, it leaks from the seals and it it far easier to replace the entire pump than to replace seals which need special tools (ie puller to remove pulley wheel etc)

Community work LOL Actually the council had workers smoothing off all of the rough joins in the street recently......all excpet the join which I hit.

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 6m 9d

Same problem here. Quoted about $250 for a new pump assembly... found some on old trusty EBAY for a lot less. Any one had experience with the pumps from ebay?