Catch Can

quick xr6

• Suspended
  • Member For: 16y 1m 12d

Hi I have bf xr6 turbo and fitted a catch can on it I ran a hose from the rocker cover the catch can and from the can to the inlet port on the crossover some told me it is wrong it should ran from the pcv valve to the can and from the can to rocker cover can some one tell me witch way please.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d

• Suspended
Nearly right.

Try running it from the breather to the catch can. Not the PCV valve. Then to the crossover. :spoton:

sorry a bit lost. Trying to stop the map sencor getting oily then the car rans like sh*t.Breather to catch can do you mean from the rocker cover to the can and then were? sorry about spelling mistakes stressed pic would be go because I want to do it tomorow thanks

• Member For: 17y 15d

Well that type of can is designed to completely replace the pcv system which can lead to higher crankcase pressures. To fit it the way that can is designed run both rocker cover fittings to the catch can and block off the fitting at the inlet manifold and also the one at the turbo inlet pipe.

IMO it is not an ideal system but you dont really have a choice when using that can.

• Suspended
Well that type of can is designed to completely replace the pcv system which can lead to higher crankcase pressures. To fit it the way that can is designed run both rocker cover fittings to the catch can and block off the fitting at the inlet manifold and also the one at the turbo inlet pipe.

IMO it is not an ideal system but you dont really have a choice when using that can.

thanks alot but will it kill the engine at all SORRY to a pest

• Member For: 17y 2m 14d

Just remove the filter & Block it where it came off with a cap.

Run the hose from the PCV valve to the can, then from the can to just before the

turbo intake.

the factory setup draws in oil fume anyway so its not going to be any different.

You can make it better by if possible run a foam filter inside the can so it traps

as much oil as possible from returning to the intake.

the tyre of catch can I have has a removeable top so I can do this.

It would be a better option to purchase a non atmo type can.

the whole idea is to remove crankcase pressure with less oil contamination as possible

while keeping it legal.