Nt Power Cruise 2009

norrs

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 28d

Can the Mods please move this to the NT section.

Rocked up at Hidden Valley on the 9th and 10th of May for the 2009 Power Cruise. It was my first time. I finished my mods just in time with Dave from High Tech Tuning confirming the good news... My Pit Lane Performance Tune got me 290KW's.

I was the only XR6T to turn up for the weekend. There was a supercharged GT (as pictured by 72 in last years report). I got out on the track expecting to get flogged by the two dozen v8 Commodores that tuned up with their ridiculous exhausts making a bunch of noise. But when it came time for the off-street-drags, I was happily surprised. It was the first time I had really put the foot down since the new tune. I beat most cars I went up against including some supercharged V8 Commodores and a few jap cars. Flogged the Supercharged GT. Only one of the many VL's beat me (though I did beat him on one of the drags) My missus took some video and photos. I'll post some video when I work out how to do it.

Naturally there were cars that beat me and a few professional cars on the track that I wasn't stupid enough to race. One that did flog me was this SS Late model camira that surprised me on the track (bloody sleeper). I worked it out when I saw the Twin turbos under the bonnet the next day.

post-12481-1241957788_thumb.jpg

post-12481-1241957797_thumb.jpg

Had a brilliant day. Just a shame there was only two late model fords. My car went great. only two complaints, Still not completely happy with the shifter and I really need to upgrade the brakes.

I'll be back next year if they are on again.

Below is a few pics my missus took

post-12481-1241958433_thumb.jpg

post-12481-1241958443_thumb.jpg

post-12481-1241958453_thumb.jpg

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 12d

There has always been lack of fast fords in Darwin, plenty of Sh1tbox commos and a couple of Hi-po ones as well.

Sounds like you had a good day, pity I was not up there as PC is always a good day out, oh well I will just have to wait for the summer nats.

• Member For: 17y 6m 30d

its the population of AJs that bring up all the holdens.

Sounds like great day mate, I missed it as I had a wedding on the

saturday which I had been running around like a headless chook.

I'm very interested to have a look at you car! I'll show you the brakes

I have ready to go on :)

• Donating Members

Yeah mate happy to catch up. Are you from Darwin mate? Are you on Facebook coz I've got some vid's up of some action. I've tried to embed them on here without luck. I don't really want to post them on Youtube.

• Donating Members

Racing a V8 SS Ute. yes I missed third gear. Dam shifter same as stock.

This is my Bro in the yellow Cruiser

Racing Black Betty. I took a head start and still got smoked

• Member For: 16y 1m

I was there, mate had his tt vx calais there that smoked everything except the drag cars... saw u racing that saturday, did the xr6ts proud... I had my turbo parked out back of the garage so there where at least two turbos there...

• Donating Members
I was there, mate had his tt vx calais there that smoked everything except the drag cars... saw u racing that saturday, did the xr6ts proud... I had my turbo parked out back of the garage so there where at least two turbos there...

Mate was the VX that the Blue one in the photos. If so, as said, it was amazing

• Member For: 16y 1m

nah it was a tt v6, the one in the powerskids aswell, was just running out of puff because its only running 8psi due to sh*tty waistegates not allowing it to boost further or something simular. Its a full built motor, so will be pretty good when its sorted, was only 243rwkw at powercruise.

• 1 month later...
  • Flaccid Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 29d
Had a brilliant day. Just a shame there was only two late model fords. My car went great. only two complaints, Still not completely happy with the shifter and I really need to upgrade the brakes.

Know what you mean, when I took my T to a track day I boiled the brake fluid. Drain it and put some higher spec fluid in, a stock manual t is good for 3 hard laps at hidden valley, then the brake fluid boils and / or the overheat light comes on, killing all the fun. Can't Imagine how the brakes would like pulling a t up that's been worked, you'd be easily topping 230 at the end of the straight.....

Before I changed the pads and fluid in the EVO I could only get 5 hard laps in before brake fade....Brembo's with mitzi fluid...go figure.