Hard Cover Lights

RUS531

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 6d

Nice work! Wish I didn't have the standard BA flat lid so I could do this properly.

It can still be done. I'll put up some info once I finish (start) mine.

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 1m 26d

saw the sweetest light set up 2 weeks ago couldnt take pic. The guy set up LED lights on the underside of the Tie down aluminium bars along the side. It was set up with white and Red lights switchable. All the bits he got from supercheap autos and made up. trev

• 1 month later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 13y 13d

hey guys new on here im an auto sparky and if you arent keen on drilling holes in your lid you can pick up led strip lighting by the roll 60cm is more than enough and light enough so you can mount them with velcro to your lid im about to install them in mine I know this works and holds because I have installed them in my brothers troop carrier the light is more than sufficient im goin to use deutsch plugs on them so the lid can still be removed if needs be

• 2 years later...
  • Member For: 11y 2m 10d

I've done this on my FG, I used LED Autolamps from Autobarn and wired them in to a reed switch so when the hardtop lifts up, the 4 lights come on. When you close it the lights go off.

Add a switch to the ground side of the circuit and you have the ability to turn them off.

Going by the photo's its about twice as bright as posted above. (but that's all in the continual improvement of SMD LED technology)

• 8 months later...