jacob_xr6turbo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 22d

Ramon's F6F is definitely up there, and he's spent a bundle. Beautifully presented.

My XR6T8U was THE pioneer in big engine mods, brakes and handling as a street car, 10" rims etc (from back in 2004), was dead, but did a Lazarus with same engine, drivetrain and brakes into a F6 body, and still lives. Still has the highest trap mph of any manual over the 1/4.

Spiko went over the top with one of the biggest turbos I've seen on an XR6T, the most head work I've noted on an XR6T, but Spiro unfortunately cut short his foray into drag racing. That car was set up to drag race, and was fitted with roll cage and NOS. It would have been good to see it run a 9 sec pass, as it had the capability.

Brian

• Member For: 15y 3m 14d

The OP posted a link for a BA Falcon going for $34.5k.. this is a joke right?

Even with $80,000 worth of mods, which is a total joke considering he's only getting 360rwkw, meaning there's definitely something wrong with it, it's a price NO ONE would consider.

Sure, low KMs, but for 34.5k, I'd buy a second hand FG XR6T ute or even a modded BF Typhoon.

What a cock

Edited by Arkayne

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 1d

gotta look at all the other work power isnt everything if it doesnt stop -.- or skips through corners ull find its had a few motors n stuff to equate to 80k

n that car would have more goodies n better goodies then n e phoon with a FEW mods lol

and the motor is porbly built to hold plenty more

Edited by Dagabond

• Member For: 15y 3m 14d

Considering he put $80,000 worth of mods, and only produces 360rwkw is an honest joke. Even if he did put better breaks, suspension, tires, etc etc on it.

I'd be spewing if I gave $80k to a tuner and they gave me back that car. Even with the extra safety control.

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 9d

Myself I dont see why people get hung up on huge power, 360kw is more than adequate for the street and unless you are after a strip weapon or a dyno queen, huge power out puts are useless as you cant put that power to the ground.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 1d

ol I don think he woulda walked in with 80k and said do my car up, would abeen a progressive thing n like everything u do 1 thing then upgrade it n so on, I know 80k is alot but when your playing with high power u play with big $$$

• Member For: 16y 8m 14d

Nice Buy, Good coinage for what’s been done to it, nicely done.

It’s got a whole lot of potential, with all that suspension and brakes it’s more a circuit racer than a straight liner, no good having +400-500rwkw if you break out cornering and bang it up.

But playing Devils advocate, I have looked into this, weighing up to mod or not, it’s a BA, low k’s yes, modded to the hilt with big $$$ spent yes, but, if it was to get written off, is the insurance company going to pay up? I know Shannon’s wont insure a heavily modded car without it carrying engineering certificates and it having the licensing passed as it is, with all the modds. Red book value on a 03 BA is $16-18k, could you live with losing that much $$?

Myself, I have decided to upgrade to the F6 in 2010, 310kw is enough for me, only modded “T” will beat it and an occasional other car, I can live with another “T” beating it where all in the same family. :tab:

• Member For: 14y 11m 26d

Just to note I didnt end up buying this, although it was sold to a person who saw the value in it as well, it didnt fit my work leasing boundaries.

Back to the drawing board for me.