Fg Xr6 Turbo Mods

FG-XR6T

• Member For: 15y 11m 27d

Hey Everyone,

I have a FG XR6 TURBO 6 speed manual,

Am thinking about getting a Process west stage 2 cooler and CAI. Also a high flow cath and dump pipe. Then injectors and tune. With these mods ive been told I should get a safe 310 to 320rwkw's? Before I go annoy tuners more will these standard FG turbos hold out at that power? Ive been told they will but I have heard people say there a sh*t unit which has me worried. I have been told that the standard fuel pump will be fine for that power output so no need to change it.

Thanks boys for any help you can give me.

Ben

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 22d

Turbo should be ok, most think it will max at 350rwkw (upper limits).

Fuel pump should be replaced as it is good insurance, obviously the injectors will be replaced, so do the rest of the fuel system accordingly.

THe rest of the system is what will make the difference, let your engine breathe as well as possible and you will get results.

Hey Senna,

I was actually told about not needing the fuel pump from (Simon) Nizpro... at those power levels.... So your saying I should? I am up for all suggestions and my main worry is getting my car running this sort of power then somthing sh*tting its self.

I am in 2 minds sets. I am either thinking of getting Nizpro to do all my work as I have been told there gear and Simons work is fantastic or using some process west gear then getting injectors and tuned by Simon.

My main concern is the exhaust. Do I go out and spend 2Grand for a full system which will get me 320rwkw's or just get a bigger dump and High flow cat for around $800 and leave the rest standard ( possibly remove a muffler for noise or get a hotdog) which then would also be good for 320rwkw's? Will a full system give me a better power curve or is the second option just as effective but cheaper. I thought the FG exhaust flowed good standard bar the CAT?

Thanks Senna for such a quick reply.

All suggestions are welcome

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 15y 8m 7d

Turbo maxes out at or just under 320rwkw(maybe higher on a high reading dyno).... whether it is safe to run it at this power, some seem to think the compressor wheel will end up in the intercooler...

Your best bang for buck would be to do... turbo, intercooler, injectors, cat dump... - to do it safely.. CAI I would suspect a minimum of a XR8 lower box...

Turbo would be important, after the 300 stage you get about 3-5rwkw per bolt on... compared to 10-15 with turbo mod.

Edited by djkice

mmmm This is what worries me the ifs about the turbo. whats the costs of a turbo upgrade? 2 g's? I honestly thought according to tuners they were okay for 320rwkw but not much more?

• Boost Addict

depending on how hardcore you want to go.

cheapest would probably be slapping a ba/bf turbo on...

getting it modded will probably cost about the same.. - depending on config can spool way faster and still make your desired power

The max I want out of this car is 320rwkw's... that's anough for a weekend car that will never be going on the track.... that's why I hope I dont have to touch the turbo..... I would rather say 300rwkw to 310rwkw's if that means not having to change turbos.....

• Boost Addict

6 have been done so far...

most have gone down the path of rebuilding with the T04Z wheel, some have gone down path of a whole BF/BA turbo swap... some just swapped wheel to same as bf...

none of them exceeded 320... 317 being the highest one I know off with a full bolt on kit