How To Remove Centre Consile Ba/bf

SAPNEN

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

This is an easy one :riaa:

Pull up the plastic around the gear stick. There are 4 clips holding it down. Remove the 2 phillips head screws on the arms that go up the sides and remove the plastic pieces.

post-15450-1236647021_thumb.jpg

Remove the gear stick, 1 bolt and 1 nut

post-15450-1236647809_thumb.jpg

There are 2 bolts at either side of the base, usually covered by the seats

post-15450-1236647870_thumb.jpg

You can see behind this shroud that there is a tough plastic clip to hold the consile on the hand brake. It will take some force pulling it up.

post-15450-1236647219_thumb.jpg

These clips are under the openable part of the consile, open the consile, remove the carpet, shine a torch inside to see the 2 tabs, leaver them with a screw driver and pull the whole lot up

post-15450-1236647314_thumb.jpg

I do not have pics of the front 2 screws which need to be removed, you will have to remove the tissue tray and you will see them.

Good luck, hope this helps

Edited by SAPNEN
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 2m 2d

Hiya Sapen....I need some help! I want 2 remove some jammed CDs in my stacker. But to do this I have to remove the console that it sits in! I know there are the 4 screws at the bottom but unsure about how the top unclips? so your help would be accepted alot if you can as I dont want to brake anything....thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

So what are you going to do with the ICC unit out? that is what your trying to do yeah?

There is one srew situated at the top of the ICC hidden by the silver plastic cover plate (unless you have gauges) this plate simply clips in a

can be removed easily with a flat blade screw driver, behind you will find one (quite long) screw removable with a phillips head screw driver.

Hope you realise your car will not start etc without your ICC :icon_ford:

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 3m 18d

the silver plastic cover plate (unless you have gauges) this plate simply clips in a can be removed easily with a flat blade screw driver

The Cover plate in the middle of the dash is easy to remove but I just cracked mine. So.......make sure you insert the screwdriver from the top (closest to the windscreen). I tried to lever it from the bottom.