Ambient Temperature Gauge

ronburgundy

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 26d

Call me naive, but I'd like to think on a $55k car most things would be working in pretty good order. After all, there's no point equipping a car with something if the effing thing don't work!

(Cue the violins!)

Fresh out of the dealership it was pretty clear that my ambient temperature gauge was about by 5-6 deg. If it was out by 1-2 I probably could get over it, but it wasn't, so I had them look at it during the 3000klm checkup. Yep, we'll replace it they said, come back in two weeks.

Two weeks later...THIS ONE IS OUT BY EVEN MORE! At a guess I'd say probably more like 7-8 deg.

My question - anyone else in an FG had such an issue (and give enough of a :nudie: to notice) or does someone at the dealership just not like me?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Just a large member member
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 13d

mines out spoke to ford about it yesterday,they said they have had to replace a few of them now.It may be easier to stick an fish aquarium temp gauge on the window they work fine for years and are under $10.00

Edited by rootster

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d

The only time I've ever had an issue is when the friggin climate control starts heating in the middle of summer after being through a car wash :nudie:

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members

That would suck!

I left for work at about 6:45 this morning - it was trying to tell me it was 5 deg outside!

Probably closer to 13-15 I would say... it's so frustrating!

Not sure what, if any, impact it has on the climate control (anyone know? surely it must) or if it's simply 'cosmetic', but it is just plain annoying.

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 23d

Have teaspoon of concrete and harden the f.u.ck up you lot! lmao

Put it on semi auto, choose your desired temp and fan speed and it will do it. If that's to hard maybe you should get a chauffer aswell.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team

That's outrageous; next you'll be suggesting to turn and look when reversing instead of using the camera! :blink:

If it's got the feature then it should work.

Analogy...

"oh my starter motor is broke"

"ahhh just harden the f*ck up and push start it each time and stop your moaning"

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members
If it's got the feature then it should work.

Exactly where I'm coming from.

My fuel gauge is way out too, which I hear is nothing new with these things. That said, after having taken my car in twice (admittedly on Saturdays) and BOTH times it was booked specifically to have, amongst others, fuel gauge looked at, I was told "we didn't have time to look at the fuel gauge". I digress.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team

Bugger...mine's about to go in for the 3k tyre kick and that issue is on the top of the list. 0km range with 30lt left in the friggin tank.