Crapri Drag Car

Tocchi

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4d

just a thought, with the intercooler setup, have you considered using a dry ice setup.

being a drag only application the shorter intake path with an ice box would be ideal.

not too hard to diy.

also nice work, puts you in a lower class with a six, isnt there a 4.0 litre class in andra now.

Edited by BFHOON

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4d

I have seen temps as low as -30c mid run on a sr20 equipt datto, on the data logging on the return drive from the run to the pits it was still -10.

this allows for more timing to be added allowing in some cases 50% more power than at +20.c.

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 4d
be good to see, I did not think the Capri would have the under bonnet clearance.

David

custom chassis, and front of the car is a 1 piece fibreglass mould.

so it should fit, and if it doesnt. jigsaw time :)

just a thought, with the intercooler setup, have you considered using a dry ice setup.

being a drag only application the shorter intake path with an ice box would be ideal.

not too hard to diy.

also nice work, puts you in a lower class with a six, isnt there a 4.0 litre class in andra now.

yeh ive been looking at that, will help with not having to cut front open too :)

so a lower class... I thought id be racing in EFI or SS/BB

or am I wrong?

I have seen temps as low as -30c mid run on a sr20 equipt datto, on the data logging on the return drive from the run to the pits it was still -10.

this allows for more timing to be added allowing in some cases 50% more power than at +20.c.

cant argue with results :)

is this the kind of this I should be looking at? if so, what brands should I look at?

http://www.pwr.com.au/coolers_atoi.html

Air to "Ice" Barrel Intercooler

The NEW Air to "Ice Barrel" intercooler uses PWR's revolutionary seamless round leading edge tube design with internal fin, which incorperates a straight through design improving heat transfer for less pressure drop.

The New Air to "Ice Barrel" utilises a unique straight through tube arrangement like the "Liquid to Air" Barrel design, however the "Ice Barrel" is designed specifically to run ICE and incorperates wide 18mm Tube Pitch, a Finless Ice compartment, sealed access lid and CO2 Breather fiting which gives this unit a unique design and the first available in the market.

intercoolers_atoi.jpg

• Damn You's A Sexy Chich
  • Member For: 16y 1m 13d

looks like an interesting project you got underway, make sure you get plenty of progress photo's up as she comes along :dontknow: