N/a Mods And Power Figures?

Vebbers

• Member For: 15y 9m 16d

Hey all!!

Couldnt find a topic like this for the N/A group so I thought I would start one!

What mods have you done and what has worked best/worst for you? What sort of figures did you end up getting?

Ill start this off!

Ive got a BF MKII and with just minor mods such as Catback, K&N panel filter and lowering (as far as performance goes)! With plans to get headers/extractors and an Underdrive in the coming weeks and an extra large intake snorkel on the way. Hopefully all shall go well.

However, have acheived fairly good results with such minimum mods! According to a few mags the BFs can do 0 -100 in just less than 8, something like 7.6 or 7.8! However ive beaten a mates Lexus GS400 that can do 0-100 in under 7, also other cars that I initially thought would be a 'close call', such as the old man's new BMW 525i. So, so far so good!

Cheers guys and look forward to hearing from everyone!

Vebbers

(PS before someone comments about hooning, these 'tests' were done on private property) :) :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 2d

I think all my mods r in my signature but tuning it after doing evrything else was probably the biggest gain. extractors definitely gave a big kick. mine runs as fast as a stock T but I refrain from giving examples ;) I was thinking about underdrives or cams but next step will be supercharging cos the underdrives need to be done with that anyway ive been told!

• Member For: 16y 12d

yeah private road.... me too :unsure: my mods are in my sig..

my mate has done: SS inductions, extractors, full exhaust, K&N filter and he got a whopping 202rwhp and ran 15.56 :drivingalong: :roll: :roflmbo:

• Member For: 15y 6m 24d
I think all my mods r in my signature but tuning it after doing evrything else was probably the biggest gain. extractors definitely gave a big kick. mine runs as fast as a stock T but I refrain from giving examples ;) I was thinking about underdrives or cams but next step will be supercharging cos the underdrives need to be done with that anyway ive been told!

I keep seeing statistics for decently modified XR6 NA's like this... mine his 205bhp completely stock... 2007 BF MKII XR6 4spd Auto... I've seen tuning packages that cost an arm and a leg that supposedly bring them up to 155rwkw but since mine is already @ 153rwkw stock... the usual mods I've already ordered, such as ph4490, 2.5" stainless steal exhaust, high flow cat, SS induct. CAI and K&N fil should bring this thing up to be a beast plus I think I'll take her to Tunehouse in Sydney to get the best out of her :)

My point is, what does everyone seem to think the stock power of the XR6 NA is?

• Member For: 15y 9m 16d

well..I know that a stock BF NA has 190-192kw, but im not sure of the conversion to rwkw.

Still not sure of the 0-400 of the NA though..

• Member For: 15y 7m

hey all yeh I got an n/a BF mkII xr6. Currently only done full air induction kit including high speed air filters, set of extractors and custom stainless steel twin exhaust. Haven't had it on a dyno yet but have definitly noticed increased power 0-100 is it worthing installing flash tuner in the n/a xr6?

• ŠύЂפֿĺmβø ™
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 27d

You dont really install a flash tuner mate ;)

I think you should save for $$ for a custom tune (depending where your from, prices vary). You will probally get an extra 10-25 kw's (somewhere in that range) and it will be a lot more driveable too!

• Member For: 15y 10m 12d

Hi guys I'm running a BF XR6 NA with a 6 speed manual. I've done a few mods which have bumped it from 139rwkw stock to 170 rwkw at the last dyno day. My favourite mods were definately the exhaust/headers. I noticed instant power when these were put on, but the suprising mod was not the air intake but rather the underpulley. As soon as that went on the car everything seemed like it was a package. Good power and throw through the gears.

When I run the stock test I didn't realise but the BF had a head gasket problem and the rear bushes in the diff were blown to pieces. This was all fixed under warranty and I'd imagine would have given a better result on the dyno. (before you comment on the diff I purcahsed the car like that and was not doin any burnouts. Was dissapointed that the NRMA didn't pick up these problems though......I wonder what they did look at hehe)

Mind you I did notice that when I put on the 245/18's that it wasn't quite as quick off the mark, but I guess that's the price you pay for cornering and grip........

I haven't tested but I would say even without the custom tune, which will come soon that I would be very close to keeping side by side with a stock turbo. Especially if the turbo hasn't spooled up, otherwise we are all still probably stuffed. lol I have been very happy with the results of the mods and at the end of the day we are driving around in something that has more than the power of the previous model AU V8. Not bad out of a straight 6 and brilliant at the fuel pump.

Edited by brett_xr6