Cruise Ideas New South Wales

RHR

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 7d

Yeah that probably sounds good. The road up from Cann River to Bombala is good from memory - even though I did it in a Kluger with a trailer.

Cooma through to Merimbula via Steeple Flat and Candelo is nice. Merimbula, Tathra etc are all nice spots. Stunning coast.

A bit of caravan traffic etc through there - definitely not as secluded as the Snowies drive. But most of the Canberra traffic to the coast is further north through Braidwood to Batemans Bay. Have definitely done the road to Merimbula and enjoyed it. I've got a friend near Merimbula who was just in Canberra so I'll ask what the pothole situation is like. 🫣

• Like 2

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 24d

Oh yeah, those farrkn pot holes on country roads.  I hope NSW Roads have had time to patch a lot of them up by now. Don't want to another diff problem again.

Happy to stay Merimbula first night and Eden second?  Just that I know a good place to buy smoked salmon and crays in Eden (being a fishing town) and would like to bring some back with me on last day.

Merimbula has some good beaches so if it's still warm maybe go for a swim (hold on I'm a Victorian so everywhere north of St Kilda beach is swimmable so long as it's sunny :roflmbo: )

I'll start a new thread if it looks worthwhile :thumbsup:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Yep, put up a thread, I reckon :spoton:  Bit silly to drive past Merimbula to stay at Eden, but whatever, same same as it's all close enough to one-another.

1 hour ago, El Andrew said:

what the pothole situation is like. 🫣

I'm sure it's fine... just follow what I do :)  I managed to avoid almost all of 'em haha

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 7d

The beaches along there seem about a season behind in water temperature - November still quite cold, March perfect!

I'll be about 200km north of there that weekend enjoying the beach But means I can't do this trip sadly

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 24d

I won't be doing it now Labour Day long weekend as well.  Work just took priority I found out today. We have a customer project deadline to meet.