Rear Vision And Electric Seat Memory

JJs

• Member For: 15y 3m 27d

Has anyone had troubles with the storing of the seat and left hand rear vision mirror of the G6ET (the mirror is meant to tilt doen to your preset level when yoi engage reverse).

The Manual is very confusing, I have had ford look at it and they cant work it out either. We can set the seat memory and the mirror memory, but if you turn the car off and walk away for an hour or so it loses the lot.

I am hoping that I am just setting it incorrectly, and it is not a problem.

Any tips on how to set these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JJ

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 4m 24d

Auto Dip feature is what its called. Damm I thought it was just me... The books says something along the line of, hold button down for 5 seconds & 2 beeps will sound to let you know its on, however mine does either 1 beep or 2 beeps as soon as I press it and does nothing if I hold for longer.... I can get it to work but as soon as I turn off the ignition it clears it.

This is a shame cause I loved the auto dip feature in my old car. But hey I scored a free reverse camera in mine (didn't select as an option & wasn't mentioned anywhere until I hoped in and selected reverse) so :stupid2: arn't too worried about auto dip yet.

• 1 month later...

Had car in for 3000k check over, they tested control modules and all sorts of stuff with no luck, and said once Ford gets enough reports of the problem (30 odd) they'll come up will a solution, apparently they have only had about 6 complaints of this problem so far...

• 3 months later...
  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d

Good outcome, shame it takes them a few attempts to figure it out though.

That's the problem with these things now, unless the computer pops-up with a fault code to let them know which module is playing up they have NFI. Gone are the days of a mechanic actually diagnosing a fault!

with some of these things I have understanding, finding an electrical fault can be the needle in a hay stack situation. What gets me is when they have a half assed attempt at fixing things. Also having to spend quite a bit of time sitting in the service department some of the pimple faced kids walking around, all I can think is hope you won't be touching my car! I feel like an old man and I'm in my late 20's.

Fingers crossed this will stop my flat battery problem, they suspect the short was stopping the system from shutting down properly....