Tassie Cruise

Sleeper6T

• Member For: 16y 2m 6d

far out! I meant guys as in a collective reference to people in general. the more the merrier as far as I am concerned.....male, female, or convertible. :busted1:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 15y 6m 5d
far out! I meant guys as in a collective reference to people in general. the more the merrier as far as I am concerned.....male, female, or convertible. :B):

I think Tab like's to :blush: just a tad lol......I agree F6T the more the merrier although a little worried about convertible ? :omg:

:blink:

I have had a look at the Spirit of Tasmanina site,and have gathered a few details on costs for Car and Passenger Fare and have also put a link at the bottom that has suggested tours, pretty much only 3 day ones but they are split up into reigon's and have a listing of the towns and accomodation etc.

I'll check out the list of places that ETM suggested first though and get some prices for accommodation through those places, and post them in here also.

Cheers

Brad

Passenger

http://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/tassiejourneys/index.htm

:beerchug:

Edited by Sleeper6T

I'm interested never been to Tassie :biggrin:

anything I should know before I committ :3gears:

Hey Phamtomchic,

I'll have some more date possibilities and prices etc up soon so you'll be able to make a decision.

Brad

:peacehippie:

LOL yeah that was my thinking too, cold weather + T's = :3gears: but we'll just play it by ear. Like I said I'll start collecting as much info as I can as far as routes, accomodations and costs and all that, also by speaking to the crew down in Tas.Then throw up some options for people to look at so if they need to arrange leave etc. I can set up a listing and just keep updating it. I'll keep a seperate list for those who are definately wanting to go and one for those who are interested but just want to wait til' more details are confirmed.

Some of the key points that need some well thought out plans and discussions that I can think of are:

1. Date of when and how long to be away for - few days?? a week?? 2 ??

2. What routes to take

3. Is there adequate and affordable accomodation ( hotel/motel, pub, caravan or cap site ) along or near those routes and how much ?

4. Is fuel going to be an issue during any of the routes/cruises ?

5. If required should we be carrying specific spares other than usual and if so what are those spares/replacements ?

6. Do we need to have people assigned to specifc roles to share the load or is it better for one central person to oversee things ?

7. Communicate if and how many people are first aid trained and organise to have appropriate first aid equipment ( something more substantial than a couple of bandaids and bottle of detol ) which includes C.B's, Scanners, Phones and any other devices for emergency situations.

8. Work out an appropriate buddy system, and have a driver listing that includes drivers name, any passangers, model of their car and the rego.

9. Whether we need to communicate who we are and what we're doing to any group's, communities or local authorities

These are just a few things that I could think of, as I mentioned before I havent been on a local cruise yet so anything else that I've missed please feel free to list.

Cheers

brad

:peacehippie:

One other thing that we should organise is to have a couple of camera's to make sure we get some happy snaps, and maybe also a couple of video camera's to capture some of the targa stages and other scenery :biggrin:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d
I think Tab like's to :roflmbo: just a tad lol

Me??? :rolleyes:

Don't worry about the chic, she's a bit overly sensitive. Needs a teaspoon (or two) of cement that's all. :w00t2:

:spoton:

• Member For: 15y 7m 16d

hey im keen as to come along, already in tas though! id suggest coming over night.. the day sails are boring :spoton: .. night sailing= drinking :beerchug: a sleep and then a full day to do something!

hey im keen as to come along, already in tas though! id suggest coming over night.. the day sails are boring :blink: .. night sailing= drinking :beerchug: a sleep and then a full day to do something!

Hey Robbo,

yeah I thought of that, plus if we go over during the day pretty much are paying for an extra nights accomodation. See what others think aswell. So far looks like Sept-Oct 2009, as this is off peak and thus freakin' cheaper but also enough time to plan thing really well.

:icon_ford:

• Member For: 15y 7m 16d

yeh its a hard one.. yeh well spetember- october is an iffy month down here can be a bit wet.. like today.. and can be hot.. we have our annual show on the 23rd of october.. farmers always say " its show time, bit of rain about" so maybe a bit later might be better? would rather u guys have some nice weather then not!!

the "shoulder" season on the boat is also from 14 sept- 13dec so even november might be good!!??

Edited by robbo T

• Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 6m 17d
anything I should know before I committ :unsure:
Hey Phamtomchic,

I'll have some more date possibilities and prices etc up soon so you'll be able to make a decision.

Brad

:bowdown:

I was referring to the strange stories I have heard about Tassie :icon_ford:

Don't worry about the chic, she's a bit overly sensitive. Needs a teaspoon (or two) of cement that's all. :nod:

:outahere:

:wedgie: