Tassie Cruise

Sleeper6T

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d

Don't say "guys"....you'll piss that chic off! :rockon:

As for a month to do this, I reckon around September/October next year. What are the roads like during school holidays down there?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 17y 16d

Imo you should set it up so that it coincides with a drag day at symmons plains drag strip as it would be a good chance for a chill out day with plenty of action to either take part in or sit back and watch. It will also be a good opportunity to catch up with the locals.

Also I think if you are going to do tassy do it in winter as that's when tassy is its most beautiful imo.

I would land at Devonport, go up the north coast past burnie and out to the Nut at Stanley, that is a beautiful coastal drive, then out to Nelson Bay and go upto Cradle Mountain and spend the night up there in the snow (hopefully), check out dove lake and then head across to Queenstown and down to Hobart. Spend the night in hobart, out to Port Arthur as those lakes leasding into Port Arthur just have to be seen to be believed and up the east coast to St Helens, spend the night and cut back to Symmons Plains for a drag day, then on to devonport for the return journey.

• Member For: 15y 6m 4d

LOL yeah that was my thinking too, cold weather + T's = :wub: but we'll just play it by ear. Like I said I'll start collecting as much info as I can as far as routes, accomodations and costs and all that, also by speaking to the crew down in Tas.Then throw up some options for people to look at so if they need to arrange leave etc. I can set up a listing and just keep updating it. I'll keep a seperate list for those who are definately wanting to go and one for those who are interested but just want to wait til' more details are confirmed.

Some of the key points that need some well thought out plans and discussions that I can think of are:

1. Date of when and how long to be away for - few days?? a week?? 2 ??

2. What routes to take

3. Is there adequate and affordable accomodation ( hotel/motel, pub, caravan or cap site ) along or near those routes and how much ?

4. Is fuel going to be an issue during any of the routes/cruises ?

5. If required should we be carrying specific spares other than usual and if so what are those spares/replacements ?

6. Do we need to have people assigned to specifc roles to share the load or is it better for one central person to oversee things ?

7. Communicate if and how many people are first aid trained and organise to have appropriate first aid equipment ( something more substantial than a couple of bandaids and bottle of detol ) which includes C.B's, Scanners, Phones and any other devices for emergency situations.

8. Work out an appropriate buddy system, and have a driver listing that includes drivers name, any passangers, model of their car and the rego.

9. Whether we need to communicate who we are and what we're doing to any group's, communities or local authorities

These are just a few things that I could think of, as I mentioned before I havent been on a local cruise yet so anything else that I've missed please feel free to list.

Cheers

brad

:blink:

• Member For: 15y 6m 4d
Imo you should set it up so that it coincides with a drag day at symmons plains drag strip as it would be a good chance for a chill out day with plenty of action to either take part in or sit back and watch. It will also be a good opportunity to catch up with the locals.

Also I think if you are going to do tassy do it in winter as that's when tassy is its most beautiful imo.

I would land at Devonport, go up the north coast past burnie and out to the Nut at Stanley, that is a beautiful coastal drive, then out to Nelson Bay and go upto Cradle Mountain and spend the night up there in the snow (hopefully), check out dove lake and then head across to Queenstown and down to Hobart. Spend the night in hobart, out to Port Arthur as those lakes leasding into Port Arthur just have to be seen to be believed and up the east coast to St Helens, spend the night and cut back to Symmons Plains for a drag day, then on to devonport for the return journey.

:beerchug: ETM definately a great starting point. What are the thoughts on that? I reckon that would break it up real nice, to have a day at Simmons.

• Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 6m 17d
yeah, it would be great to have a group of you guys AND CHICS over.
Don't say "guys"....you'll piss that chic off! :Doh:

:innocent: