Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 12d

Yeah tabs, they had it ALL DAY LONG yesterday...

When the first guy looked at it, and looked at our quote said that fair, and the preferred repairer we had the quote from was good -"Yeah ***** and his boys at **** **** do some good work"...

Yet when we get back there later in the day they decide that the quote was over priced etc... Interesting that we had 3 shops look at it and these guys were cheapest...

Going to go take a drive past the other approved shop today and get a feel for what they are like...

The assessor had also said he would get the manager to call us 'TOMORROW MORNING' - guess its 11.55am so his got 5 mins!

*note on above post not IOC - should be IOS....

Edited by smicky

• Member For: 15y 6m 4d

Nearly 14 years with RACV, they have actually been not too bad until now when I wanted to get a quote to insure the T. AAMI quoted me $828 which is for:

• Full Comp
  • Rating 1 for life
  • Lifetime Repair Warranty
  • Choice of repairer
  • Windscreen Replacement (1 per year) $75
  • Hire Car upon claim being made $25
  • $750 Excess (raised from $500 to bring premium down)

RACV for the same thing except an excess of $1000, $66 for each the Windscreen and Hire Car option and no choice of repairer were going to charge me over $1100 ! ( 1235 with excess of $500 - AAMI's premium with excess of $500 was $870 )

When the guy asked me how did that sound and which option I wanted to chose I said neither and said I'd be making arrangements to switch from them to another Insurer. Told him what I was getting and he 1. didnt even offer to try and keep my business by seeing what he could do and 2. Seemed to be lost for words and was like :beerchug:

:verysad:

Edited by Sleeper6T

• Member For: 15y 6m 4d

Who you with ? With my old car my premuim went down every single year from when I bought the car. Granted it was not a high performance car or had any mods other than some alloy's, tinted windows and an alarm but still lived in a couple different locations during that time and obviously got older (maybe not acted it :3gears: ) and also had no claims, but it still went down. I was with RACV until next week that is when I change to AAMI with the T.

Brad

:freak:

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 12d
Anyone understand the insurance industry. Why is it that I have got older, had no claims and moved to a better suburb and my premium goes up and not down??

Could be due to a number of reasons -

1. in general preamiums have gone up as the cost or insurance has gone up (according to the incurance companies).

2. the type of car you drive - if you have changed to a higher grade of car (more expensive, or performance).

3. if you havent changed your car - then due to the cost of replacement parts (again depending on the ages and type of car).

There may be other variables which effect this as well. :sick::msm:

Best thing you could prob do is ring around for a few quotes, then go back to your insurance company and just say "I've been with you for (ex years) and this is the story"! :spoton:

They 'shold' try to match and see what they can do for you.. they may not be able to match a lower quote, but at least can try... if not then look to move, if they dont want to try and help you out or keep your business. :bye:

• Member For: 19y 8m 18d

Hmm, this sounds so familiar.

BA XR6T (2003)

NRMA - $1500

I'm 41, wife is 29. Premium has gone up every year I've owned it. (It's leased and a company vehicle so that would explain a little higher but no at fault claims ever!)

Rang AAMI. Increasing the excess to $1500 (from $500) put the premium to $550. So extra cost of $1k if we ever make a claim for a $1k saving every year - not hard to work out. Oh and that also included a free windscreen claim per year which NRMA didn't include.

12 years with NRMA with this and the cars before but I'm jack of them now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 9m

Just Cars wanted $2,000 per year for comprehensive for my 05 BF XR6T(I'm 30 btw), NRMA who I had been with for 12 years wanted $1100 and then a mate who owned an XR6T told me to check with AAMI. The price with AAMI was $469 per year comprehensive without even having to increase my excess! WIN