Slow Or Fast Time?

typhoon_freak

• Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 14d

hey guys, I took my car out for the first time on the 1/4 last nite. and what an experience. just had a few questions.. I kept running 13.3, 13.2 and I was like wtf.. my mate found the solution... I had t/c on.. so I turned her off and ran a 12.7, 12.8 with 2.074 60ft @ 110.27 just wondering weither this is about right? or is there somthing wrong with my car.. cuz I have heard some funny noises with her l8ly.. any thoughts would be great :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 17d

:beerchug:

The stock cooler suffers badly from heatsoak at the drag strip, you need to get rid of that and you will be more consistent. Also, where are you shifting? I find shifting at around 5000rpm is good to get the MPH up

• Member For: 17y 3m 28d

I hope you had fun on your first time out, I wouldn't worry too much about your ET, practice makes perfect. I would say traction would be your biggest issue, judging by your 60ft time. Beg borrow or steal some semi-slick tyres and you would drop 0.

5 seconds.

To give you an idea, I ran 12.7 with just a custom tune (267rwkw). Added exhaust (300rwkw) and ran 12.2, but they were done on MT streets.

Edited by Doogstar

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 21d

could be the heat as well affecting your times, seeing as most quick times are run in winter in qld. but seeing as its your first time out I wouldnt be too worried about what your times are. as it takes a couple of goes to learn shift points and where to launch from.

getting hold of a set of ET Streets will greatly improve your times!

• Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 14d

hmm yeh I was changing at around 5200. yeh I bought new tyres with a soft compound the federal 595's.. also do u run the auto in auto mode or use the gears? soo better cooler and tyres and I shall see 11's.. hope so! also the heat stroke would explain y my first 2 runs were the 12.9, 12.7 and it went down hill from there. until after I left the car sit for a while

Edited by typhoon_freak

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 5d

has your car got the A6 edit ?? This allows you to stall up some boost before launching.It will take practice to get this right.

Gear changes will depend on your tune, ideally changing just before power starts to tail off, keeping the car in the meat of the torque curve.

What tyre pressures were you running ?? sounds like you dropped the pressures as your 60' isn't rubbish considering the tyres.