Test Drove A Ba Xr6t With Capa Flash Tune The Other Night.

bluesmuso

• Member For: 16y 7m 28d

Whilst most people here are familiar with the power of these XR6T's I'm not having never owned one.

The one I test drove was stock but with a CAPA flash tune box which the owner can connect to the car with 4 tunes available (Factory, Valet, 8 psi 95ron and 10 psi 98ron) it was a 4 speed auto.

He said that it was tuned to the highest one and he was using 98ron fuel, so I assume it was 10 psi therefore not exactly stock anymore (I think stock is 6 psi)

Well being a guy who normally only drives bog stock boring 6 cylinder cars which would be mid 16's 400m at their best this thing bloody went like a raped ape, it's acceleration in 1st gear was almost "sickening" but in a fun kind of way.......like a show ride on the stomach the pick up was literally gut renching.

It felt like it could easily reach 100 in under 6 secs and would more than likely be somewhere in the 13's with the 400m times, but I am only guessing, but I know that other than his $900 CAPA flash tuner box it was stock.

But now besides wanting one I am curious as to what fwkw and rwkw's it would have had in this state of tune, also I am wondering what kind of times it would get approx over 400m. He said that it went the same as an F6 Typhoon....I don't know about that but it was certainly quick enough for me, I know that a guy who owns an 11 second XR6T will say "that's nothing mate" but when you don't normally drive these cars you really feel the power, and the CAPA flash tune box really had me intrigued as to how easiliy you can just "turn up the wick" for power, now I can see why everyone raves about these cars, talk about bang for your buck and it's made here in Australia (Geelong) certainly makes me proud to be an Australian :idunno:

Anyway I thought I'd just share that with you and if anyone can give me a rough indication of the fwkw's and rwkw's and 400m times of the car I drove I would appreciate it. cheers Muso

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cant wait to drive it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 5d

if its just got the flash box you would think around low to mid 200rwkw from what I can gather these cars can vary greatly with the same mods so one guy might get 250 and one might get 270 its not easy to say what this car would have had it is safe to assume it would be similar to a f6 typhoon which with 270fwkw' would have around the low 200rwkw's

im sure some others with more knowlage will fill you in

Edited by bluute

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 11d

bluute is pretty much on the money, a 4 speed auto with a flash tune means it would probably have from 220 to 250ish rwkw depending on the dyno and the position of the moon relative to the sun and all that jazz

as for comparing it to a typhoon, then its pretty much on the money, the power may feel a little different depending on how aggresive the tune is down low... more of a whack when boost comes on rather then the more gentle push you get from a stock F6 tune.. but performance wise there would not be much between the 2 cars.

• Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 8d

:bigbdaygrin: mate has a xr6t and just ran the generic tune and he got 210rwkw.. but sounds like your car got a custom tune? either way.. once you start doing more and more mods.. its hard to stop. and u will see what is really hiding beneath the bonnet

• cj_ak
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 19d

its great seeing a cherry being popped for the frst time!!

my bog stocker had a custom tune done and pulled 250rwk at CV. Another guy got his T done straight after mine that day with injectors, exhaust, cooler and only managed 240rwk (valves were letting go...)

So yeah, depends on a number of factors such as dyno, tuner, position of the moon reletive to earth and of course the car....

Enjoy mate :bigbdaygrin:

• Member For: 16y 7m 28d

Thanks guys, now I know exactly what people mean about hitting the fast forward button on the video when driving fast turbo cars....everything literally speeds up until you release the fast forward button (accelerator) again.

This guy said that he got better fuel economy after the tune (after I drove it the trip comp said 13.2 k/100) but I don't rely on those.

So this car would be similar in performance to an F6 Typhoon, what are the stats for an F6 Typhoon 0-100, 0-400m, kw's etc?

I guess I could look them up, thanks guys there are some very impressive vehicles on this site with staggering power gains, I've heard people in America who have been over here love these XR6T's and wish they could get them over there (I don't blame them American cars can be butt ugly) why don't Ford Aust export? They'd be a bigger hit than the GTO I reckon.

Cheers Bluesmuso

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 4m 19d
So this car would be similar in performance to an F6 Typhoon, what are the stats for an F6 Typhoon 0-100, 0-400m, kw's etc?

0-100 in low 5 seconds, my brothers when stock did it in 5.1 or there abouts and 1/4 mile low 13's.

• Into the laaaake
  • Member For: 16y 10m 4d
other than his $900 CAPA flash tuner box it was stock.

I hope that included a custom tune not just generics otherwise he got ripped off!!!!

• Member For: 18y 8m 30d

It's funny, people that I take for a spin in my car think its out of control! I've had it for 3 years now and find it boring especially in the auto, it feels slow, Until you line up another car that is "quick" then you see how it really goes.

I suppose it's what your use to....

• Member For: 16y 8m 21d

I know how you feel

I dont feel like im going very fast at all but it scares the sh*t out of passengers and smokes most cars around here with out to much effort

now when I first got it tuned I had to change my undies :)