Getting A Xr6t

PSI40T

• Member For: 17y 1m 9d

Hi guys,

im currently looking at getting a 06 bf xr6t with 6speed zf box.. It's a premium model with leather and sound... has 46,000kms on it..

I currently have a 07 subaru liberty premium pack which im looking at trading in... Before the subaru I had a 282rwkw vy ss ..

Now I took the xr6t for a test drive today and I got to say the zf tans is very smooth and the power delivery is very linear... Didnt have the push of my old v8 but im sure with the right mods this can be achieved...

the only thing I found strange was how heavy the steering was!! is this common with xr6t's?

Also since this car was built feb 06 does it have the f6 bottom end?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 26d
Also since this car was built feb 06 does it have the f6 bottom end?

As far as most are concerned the typhoon bottom end went into the cars sometime in 06/06, so no, 02/06 wont have the phoon bottom end....but dont feel bad though because the BF that I just bought was built 07/06 :mexicanwave:

Even still, without the typhoon bottom end they still are great cars with great engines and worldclass gearboxes for bugger all $$$

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 26d

Oh and how much are the asking for this particular car???

What colour?

And yes, I also thought the steering was pretty heavy having gone from my girl friends liberty to a T....you get used to it and now I dont even notice it, its actually really good as far as im concerned

• Member For: 15y 6m 3d

hey mate I just bought a 04/06 T and I also thought that the steering was pretty heavy in mine, though to be fair I upgraded froma 1990 EA s pac falcon with 323k on the clock and still running mostly original running gear. You get used to the steering and I've found it to be pretty good as well. How much is the one you're lookin at?

• Well-Hard Bangin' Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 8d

Firstly... :unsure::hmmm:

I too did notice the 'heavier' steering coming from a FWD telstar, but got used to it very quickly.

the power delivery is as you say very linear, and may not feel like it's doing much, but after a quick punch... 'ave a gander at the speedo!! if still not fulfilling enough, have her tuned and you'll feel the rush come!

:3gears:

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 25d

The heavy steering is all relative. Jump from an AU to a BA and the latter will initially feel like a tank, but you'll soon come to appreciate the far superior driving experience that heavier weight gives. Now most other cars feel like over power assisted toys to me and I love getting back behind the wheel of my car.

As for the push, well, as you and others have said, a few mods and you'll soon wonder what all the fuss you used to make over your SS was about! The rush a boosted car can give is matched by few other things. And, when you add up how much you spent on mods to get that rush (compared to your SS), you'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

I looked at trading in my XR6T for a Liberty GT, but even a very well respected Subaru tuner said that no matter what I did to the GT, it could never match the rush I get from a boosted 4 litre. Trust me, if it's sheer grunt you're after, you won't be disappointed with an XR6T! :nod::omg:

• 8 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 8m 24d

Youll find that slightly 'heavy' steering is better when you start pushing your car at speed. Suspension mods will resolve a lot of your handling issues. Dont forget if your going to make the f6 quicker make sure you upgrade the brakes cos your gunna need em when things get a bit wild....

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Not quite a double digit effort, needed to wait another year and a quarter.  Bad luck!