Pinging

angus

• Member For: 16y 1m 26d

Mate I have exactly the same problem. Have done pump,968 injectors,valve springs,nizpro cooler,wrx plugs and phoon intake and yeah goes away for a few weeks after tune then comes back. Its not bad but all of a sudden it will tick lightly a couple of times about 4500rpm pcm takes a bit of timing out and it stops. Drive it normally for a few days then give it a descent squirt and it ticks again. Its the best its been so far after having cooler fitted and tuned but will look into it again after having exhaust done. I have tried BP and SHELL and have settled with Mobil8000 as it seems to be better. I think I dont drive it hard enough regularly enough so it gets a sudden increase of boost with learnt lean mixture. My 2cents on what I think the fuks goin on lol.Once your tuned into hearing it you pick it up every time and others in the car dont hear it. No ping is good ping.

• Member For: 18y 6m 19d
Might be a stupid question...but what about the fuel filter? :riot:

Its getting serviced on tuesday so will get a new one done while it is there

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 17d

if I use anything other than bp ultimate mine pings at 4000rpms.I once had vpower in it and it pinged its brains out so I stopped at the bp servo and added a bottle of octane booster and 20litres of bp ultimate and wella,pinging gone and to tel you the truth its never run harder.

• Member For: 16y 1m 26d

Might be a stupid question...but what about the fuel filter? :nono:

Im a fussy prik and make sure all my filters are clean lol. Always pull the fuel filter out when ever car is on hoist and blow it backwards into a glass to see how good the fuel is and how much crap the filter has collected.