Pinging

angus

• Member For: 18y 6m 19d

Hi all have had a few mods to my car done a while ago exhaust ,valve springs.edit etc and is has around 290rwkw

but when I give it bit now and then it pings have been back to the tuner and made some reajustments and seemed to fix it but it is back again.

The only thing I havent done to it yet is change the plugs which a lot of people seem to have done will this help with the problem

any tips would be appreciated

oh and I do run it on bp ultimate all the time

Edited by angus

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 25d

I dont think that changing your plugs will stop it pinging, do them anyway if they havent been changed for a while.

when your tuner has been making adjustments, have they had the car on the dyno to see the results of the adjustments or to listen for when it pings to maybe get a better idea of what is causing it to ping?

I would try getting fuel from a different servo, could also be a bad batch of fuel.

What gear and what RPM do you get the ping? Your tuner should have already asked you that. Keep pulling a degree or two out until it stops.

I have 2nd cai with k&n filter

valve springs are done

full 3 and a half exhaust system

and edit with custom tune

as for when it happens it is around 4000-4500 rpm in 2nd gear. I dont know about 3 and 4th as the clutch isnt up to it at the moment but I new one is on the way.as for the tuner we took it for a test drive when I took it back so he could find out for himself and seemed to have fixed it but has reappeard

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

If you are still running the stock pump with 290rwkw - I'd say that's your problem. Generally most people upgrade the fuel pump around 270-280, its just to make sure you don't get this problem

Thanks for the advice senna was just looking at the process west ones they look like a quality item

does the car need to be retuned when doing a pump upgrade?

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Not necessarily, but considering your tuner has been playing around with your tune to get rid of the pinging - I'd say once the pump and surge tank goes in he will be able to raise the power up a little more.