Power Figures On Na Xr6.. Ba

coolkid

• Member For: 15y 7m 4d

Heya guys, new member on the forums, getting a xr6 this weekend, just wonderin what sort of power figures I can expect, once tuned, shift kitted, ss induction, exhaust, etc. cheers, should be what, 170 rwkw? im not sure if that's even close, just a random guess.. lol

BA or BF?

A mate's BF XR6 pulled 170rwkw with XR6T exhaust & F6 2nd CAI with no tune through a ZF auto on XFT's dyno. I think BA's read a little lower than that though

I know of some that have somehow pulled over the 200 rwkw mark, cant remember how they did it. lol, wanna make my NA have as much power as possible, can anyone gimme some pointers? apart from the obvious, zorst, cai, tune etc

• Member For: 16y 8m 17d

well getting good power figures out of a NA engine is all in the Cams and the head. All the mods like yr exhaust, CAI and tune dont give huge power increases but do improve from stock figures by about 30-40rwkw. Like all engines if ya want big power the tuning is all in the flow of ya heads and bigger cams. There are a few XR6's running around close to 200rwkw but all with bolt ons and will cost alot to get more. A typical flash tune will gain about 10-20rwkw because the tuning ford has done is pretty good from factory. mind you a NA twin cam six with all those mods sounds freakin awesome. cams and head porting with bigger valves is getting into turbo money, but if insurance is limiting and if its what ya wanna do then go for it dude.

• Member For: 16y 8m 17d

hey mate if ya dont ask you never find out.

Now there are 2 common Ford ECU upgrade packages on the market at the moment. There are the standard 'Flash' tuner boxes which plugs in to the Data port in the fuse box panel, these generally sell for about $500-$600 with a generic tune which will improve the performance but without such things like hi-flo exhaust, intake modifications and camshafts, the increases will be minimal. The other is the Sniper package which is just a different brand which essentially does the same thing. Camshaft packages can vary but with the BA twin cam plus tuning and installation, be prepared to pay between $1000-$2000, plus head porting and valve work will cost about that again. im not sure of many people who have gone down this avenue as the most popular way of getting power out of the 4.0L six is Turbocharging. So be prepared to fork out some serious hard earned, but will be a potent package when done properly.

If you're gonna go as far as head & cam packages plus all your bolt on's, you mite as well keep saving & buy a T which will pretty much take care of the worked NA in stock form, or turbocharge the NA.

options are limited due to the p plate laws brought in just before I got my license, therefore working my n/a is pretty much the only avenue I can go down atm, was thinkin bout a t, then debadging but still a bit risky I think, so, exhaust, cams, head porting and valve work, tune, aprox 6 grand and ill have a pretty mean n/a xr6 right? :D