Fg V8

Gavin.K

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 10d

The 290's in the XR8's are way better than they were in the BA/BF GT, and the 315 engines are quite nice.

That said the 270 Turbo motor will still fry both of em stock

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 10d

Its essentially the same, but they have worked on response and low down torque, just drive one and you'll know what I mean.

They do still run the 10.5:1 comp ratio though, the new GT 315 Motor gets 10.8:1 and the dual throttle bodies

• Member For: 17y 10d

Bluepower's FG XR8 test mule with 1000k's on the clock ran 13.9@102. With CAI & tune it then went 13.64 before frying the clutch. So early days yet and nothing to get excited about just yet, especially being a manual 'n all... :thumbsup:

• Member For: 16y 6m 2d

I took one for a spin. 6 speed manual. Down low it was more than willing to spin up the tyres pretty easily.

Just love the bulge on the bonnet. In my opinion feels no quicker than my old SS GEN3 a few years back. It has nice power. Would I buy one? I reckon a BF2 XR8 wouldnt be too much different and at around half the price these days, gotta question the value.

I then took out a XR6T FG. Initially when rolling around the car park, it didnt feel as tough as the XR8 but on the open road, it would absolutely bury the XR8 in a straight line.

I went back to the dealer, jumped out of the XR6T and said to him, with this car, how the hell are you going to sell an XR8. Anyone who drives them back to back wont be buying the XR8