Sick To Fkn Death Of Loose Turbo

bloosted

• Cruise Control
  • Member For: 18y 3m 23d

went for a spin in the Adelaide hills last night long story short half way through the cruise the noise of the loose turbo started and yep 3 nuts missing so the Nordlocks don't work,what the fck next? locking tabs? why can't Fraud make a car where sh*t doesn't come loose,fair enough I drive my car harder than most but you hear of that many coming loose that the way I drive it just makes it happen earlier. FFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRKKKKKK it's the turbo to dump and turbo to manifold ones and this is about the 5th time now I't lost nuts and the umpteenth time they are loose and it's been about 2000k since tightened

• AK47's for everybody
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 20d

DOH!!! il try reading all the post next time. well there go's the nord-lock idea then.

ok im off to find a hole to put me head in

mick

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 22d

Bloosted, there is something that we tried when fitting my exhaust, Xforce, but it can be done with any exhaust, and it works, my exhaust bloke welded a bracket from the exhaust on the dump pipe bend just before the cat and bolted it to the gearbox bellhousing, we tightened it while taking the load Off the turbo bolts, by propping that part of the exhaust up as hard as possible , now in effect that welded piece is taking all the load instead of the turbo, we also fitted new studs, bolts and nord lock washers, that was over a year ago and they and have not come loose checked them about 3 months ago, I did tighten the manifold to head bolts thou again..

pete :spoton: