Need Help With What To Do

GT081

• Member For: 16y 1m 25d

Hi guy's

I need to know a few things hoping you can help

I have a ba turbo 4 speed with the herrod chip running 8psi but am looking to do more work to my car

BUT am trying not to get any turbo lag what ideas do you guys have that I can use.

I have been told that a larger incooler will give me power and will raise the point where the turbo kicks so I will get turbo lag is this true?

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Not really mate, first of all, have a search around the forums, there are a few threads about how to go about tuning these things.

The upgraded intercooler will definately help, becasue it will cool the air more effectively and most aftermarket ones flow better than the stock one (check the sponsor section for that)

You will need Valve Springs soon becasue the stock BA ones won't hold more than 10psi if that.

Then on the other side a larger dump pipe and freer flowing exhaust - including cat - will help with turbo spool up.

Turbo lag is a fact of life when it comes to turbo engines, the advantage that you have is that the 4L engine in the falcons minimises the lag and brings booston fairly early.

Just remember to get a custom tune when you do any exhaust mods. Search around the technical areas of the forum, you will learn alot!

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

Ok forget about that then. Your best bet to minimize lag is as short induction route as possible and a good tune. Plus the things Senna said.

• Member For: 16y 1m 25d
You will definately need a 12psi actuator if you are looking to get rid of lag.

Is it hard to fit the Actuator and where do I buy one

Thanks