The Glen 2 The Lake (vic Cruise)

Dillz

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 29d

The Glen 2 The Lake

Sunday the 22nd of June, 9:30 Meet for 10am Departure.

Ok Lads, after spending most of the weekend driving around I have came up with a ripper cruise that I think you guys will love. This ones got a bit of everything, 3 Lanes of freeway fun, some wicked twisty bits, great views of the valley and the dandy’s and plenty of room to open her up on long stretching roads.

I did a couple of runs one on Saturday night and one Sunday morning and I have to say the Sunday morning one wins hands down, also hopefully running it Sunday morning more people will be able to come. I know most people want another night cruise but this run is no good at night and would be a waste of a good trip. IMO night cruises are best left for the suburbs so the next one will be another night cruise that might also include Calder (fingers crossed)

Anyway back on topic, heres a quick run down of the cruise. We will all meet at The Car Park opposite Caltex in Glen Waverly (Corner of Coleman Pde & Springvale Rd) at about 9:30 for a 10am departure.

From there we will head down Springvale Road and get onto the Monash Freeway and head towards Narre Warren.

Follow this down and take the Narre Warren Nth Exit (1st exit after the Blue/Green bridge) then turn left onto Narre Warren North Road.

We follow this all the way to Belgrave turning left at the Roundabout which goes through the Main Street then turns into Burwood Hwy.

We follow Burwood Hwy through Upwey until we turn Right onto Mount Dandenong Tourist Road.

We follow this right up into the Dandenong Ranges, these are great twisty roads and should keep the front brakes well heated for most of the trip. Unfortunately this road is prone to bike riders so please keep an eye out for them. There is also a good Photo Op towards the top which is a must to get some great pictures of the group.

We keep following the Tourist Road which heads back down towards Montrose where we turn Right onto Swansea Road.

We follow Swansea Road until we reach Lilydale Lake where we will stop for a bite (a BBQ as promised) and a chat and what not.

Providing all goes well we should get to the Lake by about 11:30.

I'll be heading back towards the city via Swansea/Canterbury Rd but I think everyone can do there own thing after lunch.

Heres a Layout of the Cruise.

TheGlen2TheLakeCruise.jpg

WHAT TO BRING

* You and your car (obviously)

* I'll be putting on food and drinks for everyone but feel free to bring more if you like

* CB comes in real handy so bring one if you can

* A full tank of fuel which will be more than enough but there will be no fuel stops

* Camera and Video is a great idea too

The Fine Print

1. Obey all laws whilst on the cruise; this means no speeding, no overtaking over double lines (no matter how safe you think it may be), etc...Any breaches will be reported to the local police.

2. There is a designated cruise leader who will lead the way and set the correct pace for all cruise members. There is also a designated cruise anchor that will stay at the back of the cruise. You must not overtake the cruise leader, or fall behind the anchor. If you have to stop or drop back for what ever reason, the anchor will stay back with you.

3. Use the Buddy system; always make sure you can see the car behind you. This will give people behind you an indication on where to turn to make sure nobody gets lost.

4. CB Radios; if you don’t have one, follow the maps, and directions given out. If you do have one, please limit chatter during the twisty parts of the cruise. This will allow the cruise leader to relay information about road conditions, upcoming obstacles, etc. efficiently.

5. By attending this cruise you agree not to hold FordXR6Turbo.com, it’s Administrators, Moderators, Cruise Organisers/Cruise Controllers, or Owner responsible/liable for any damage and/or grief sustained (simply; if you stuff up it is your fault, not ours).

Below is the Cruise List, please post in this thread should you wish to come.

If anyone has any concerns/comments please feel free to PM me.

CRUISE LIST

XRTPSI Dillon

howitzer85

scar96

XRDOSE

skunk

qikshift

Mika

R-SPEC (Has no choice)

t6xr

SHYXR (Maybe)

Jman + 1

Full Monty

Kona86

jono

Bionic Rspec

XR6Turbo22

donza

QUIRKI

sh*tbmxrider

INPURSUIT

ORSMXRT

Fry

xrltf6

XRSCAR

Edited by Dillz

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 29d

Yeah sorry bout that Mate but the Barby will make up for it :yikes:

And you guys will get it easy for the Calder one.

Edited by XRTPSI

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 3d

Pencil me in..

I was gonna miss out if it was on the 21st cause I've got a house party to go to and gettin HAMMERED.. So it all depends how pissed I am in the morning LOL