Steering Shudder

lapdog

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 6d

Early BA's had a factory installed low speed steering shudder. Ford TSB fix was to bleed system the first time customer complained, and replace hoses with stiffer ones the second time. Don't know how far down the BA I --> BF II line problem existed. My Nov '03 BA T had the issue and eventually had hoses replaced under warranty. My BF I doesn't have the issue.

• Member For: 16y 7m 10d
I had it recently. The boys at elite gave the power steering system a flush and new fluid and its seems to be working good so far.

Ive got new tyres and ive replaced the steering fluid already. It only seems to be very low speed like in my garage.....starting to run out of ideas....

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 12d

Wow, this is interesting... I have this as well, just thought it was an No Cost Option from Ford... (mine is a brand new BFII F6 RSpec)

My Olds EF Falcon Wagon does it as well as their Fairlane Concord... so just thought it was normal when parking a Ford... that's the only time I seem to get it...

Now that you guys have said its a 'problem' ill mention it to the service boys week after next when its in there - yet again... 6th time in 3 months (each time for a week)...

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

try taking the the power steering resevoir cap off and work the steering wheel from lock to lock (obviously with the engine running)

this has worked for me before, tends to get the air out of the system

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

yep mine has it aswell I sent mine into fords and they replaced the fluid and so forth and they said it will still happen for about the next two weeks. butttttt its still here at low rpm only intermittently though now so not every time I slow and turn bout 50/50