Wanna Be Able To Launch A Manual Like This?

groper

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d

I say.... Good luck to you. It seems that anyone who has differnt ideas/ concepts and differences of opinion get critisised on this forum. Why take the piss out of someone who is doing research that will be of great benefit to many like myself on this forum. Not all of us like auto's...

I hope that you's prove them all wrong....

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 11d

Well said mate!

but there's one thing I've learnt about this forum in the many years I've been here, do not post anything different/conceptual unless you have tried it out and actually got it to work! All I'm saying is what's the point flapping your gums about something that you haven't tried yet?! I don't want to here coulda, shoulda, wouldas, I want RESULTS!

• Member For: 17y 1m 28d
Well said mate!

but there's one thing I've learnt about this forum in the many years I've been here, do not post anything different/conceptual unless you have tried it out and actually got it to work! All I'm saying is what's the point flapping your gums about something that you haven't tried yet?! I don't want to here coulda, shoulda, wouldas, I want RESULTS!

1 good reason is to stir up blokes like you!!! :snf (11):

wog tried this years ago, but with what id call limited sucess, we have spoken with him about it, and have some more of our own ideas...

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 3m 13d
notwithstanding being a freak driver like F6 UTE...

:)

I'll post up a link of the EVO with launch control and Anti-lag enabled.

Will prob be a few weeks..

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 22d

lol, just when we were feeling good about the possibility of quick launches in XR's and along comes ol' F6 UTE with his bloody evo... :shakefist:

by the way, the evo makes me go :w00t2:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 11d
1 good reason is to stir up blokes like you!!! :w00t2:

wog tried this years ago, but with what id call limited sucess, we have spoken with him about it, and have some more of our own ideas...

hahaha, thanks mate! it's nice to know I'm loved :spoton:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 1m 28d

well it works!!! virtually unlimited boost in neutral...

launch control appears to have limited use on the street, anything above 3000rpm in my car results in instant wheelspin of my semi slick tyres, still experimenting trying to find the sweet spot. Its gonna be of much more use at the track on slicks or MT ET streets...

The flat shifting works brilliantly, hold foot to the floor and change gears normally and we have FULL boost the entire time, no blow off or intake manifold pressure dumping up thru the gears, and no risk of over revving the engine. It feels like an auto with the clutch smoothing out the transition into the next gear.

Ill post a vid soon. Anyone excited yet?

Edited by groper