What's My T Worth?

rhysy_boi

• Member For: 17y 9m 9d

so finally the realisation has set in that fuel prices are never going to drop and the fact I only drive my car on the weekends has brought me to the decision my car costs too much for the thrills it gives me. I've decided to sell up and get myself out of debt so I can start saving towards the ultimate goal of a house while enjoying life (a holiday or two won't go astray).

so looking to find out what I might be able to get for my car either as is or if it's really worth it, pulling it apart and selling it stock.

The car is a jan 2004 BA Mk1 XR6T Utility with 113,500km on the clock in Phantom purple, cloth trim with purple inserts, never missed a ford servicing.

the previous owner cared for it but still used it as a trade ute so paint isn't crash hot but after a wax theres only a couple of scratchs to be seen (no dents)

turbo is 20,000km's old as there was an oil supply problem hence the old turbo blowing. which is when I bought the car. since it has had 4 servicings all with fully synthetic oil with less than 7,500km's between changes. also serviced the tranny and diff and both look in good shape.

now the fun gear,

engine was modded by previous owner with a-

typhoon intake

K&N filter

PWR stock replacement intercooler

Bosch 42lb injectors

bosch 044 fule pump

XForce 3.5" cat and 3" stainless cat back

capa tuner running 14psi and 265rwkw which I've retuned to 12psi and 261rwkw by simon at XFT perth.

suspension was bought second hand off a suspension shops owner's car, have done 50,000km's. Koni yellow front struts

red rears

lovell springs all round with the front customised to allow height ajustment.

sits about 30mm lower at front and about 40-45 at rear.

Wheels and tyres-

speedy inferno 19x8.5" rims

maxxis 245/35R19 MA-Z1's have travelled 6,000km's since brand new

Brakes have DBA slotted discs all round with nothing special in the way of pads.

midnight express tint installed about 8 months ago

an alarm installed with glass break, tilt, and shock sensors

and lastly the stereo was custom installed by myself with-

soundstream Tarantula front splits,

SS TR800/5 amp

SS XPro 12" sub

SS 2 Farad capacitor

Pioneer 8650 head unit

the WHOLE interior has been pulled out and sound deadened with a total of about $3000 spent on the stereo plus about 60 man hours installation.

also had the exhaust raised to provide legal clearance under the car.

anyone want to give some numbers a shot?

cheers Rhys

p.s. check my b-series site for pictures

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 5d

Not a good time with FG now out as the flow on effect of price drop will be quite high. Starting to hear a few ppl now reffering to there cars as weekend cars and this makes no sense in owning them if this is the case. To expensive to own and run so I just drive it on the weekends.

T's and mortgages dont go the best together.

I.B.

• Member For: 16y 6m 8d
Not a good time with FG now out as the flow on effect of price drop will be quite high. Starting to hear a few ppl now reffering to there cars as weekend cars and this makes no sense in owning them if this is the case. To expensive to own and run so I just drive it on the weekends.

T's and mortgages dont go the best together.

I.B.

anyone want mine... Ts and mortgages and weddings dont go well together..

• Member For: 18y 1m 3d

I tried to sell mine at 24k with quite a few mods, less km's. I took the stuff off and its now at 21k and I have had about 3 calls in 3 months I have had it advertised. Good luck but you will find that nobody wants to buy a modified car. I got 0 interest in it modified, only time I did was when I took all the gear off lol

• Member For: 16y 6m 8d
I tried to sell mine at 24k with quite a few mods, less km's. I took the stuff off and its now at 21k and I have had about 3 calls in 3 months I have had it advertised. Good luck but you will find that nobody wants to buy a modified car. I got 0 interest in it modified, only time I did was when I took all the gear off lol

My advice is advertise it and hold out. remember there one born everyday (a sucker)..

I had my LS1 advertised before I bought my T. A bloody good LS1 with 280rwkw. It was a VT2.. I wanted too much money for it and was content on keeping it.. then like a bolt of thunder, some lady rings me, comes with her husband and drives it away leaving me $21800 cash.. For a 2000 VT SS with 81,000km and plenty of mods.. I had it advertised for 3-4 months, the first person who saw it bought it. the car had a whiny power steering and clutch on the way out..

My mate at the gym laughed (he works at holden) and said he cant sell them in the dealer for $14000. Mine was way above average but goes to show there is someone if your willing to wait. He appreciated the mods and paid for them...

Edited by hulk xr6t