Cyclist In The News Again

our06t

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 16y 11m 26d

I have no personal hate against cyclist ,but where is there place on the road these days when it's hard enough to get where your goin in a car without someone doin 10kmh taking up a whole lane.

an example I went for a drive on sunday on a local back road speed limit of 100kph in most sections , no road edge ,just enough room for each car going each direction ,and nearly ended up in a three car pile up when we came around a corner to find a cyclist in our lane and a car coming the other way ,no choice for the front car but to hammer the anchor's and the rest of us behind to find anywhere we could to stop , I think the same goes for peak hour traffic they shouldn't be there.

why are they immune to all the new bullsh*t laws the rest of us put up with .

I think they should not be allowed to ride in anything over a 60kph zone and not in peak traffic times

end rant

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 13d

Agreed. They can be a total pain in the ass sometimes especially when they're riding 4 wide down a single lane road.

• Member For: 17y 1m 10d

most normal people get out of the way of a moving car, these guys seem to take pleasure in getting infront of a moving car,something has gotta give lol

• Mmmmm......BOOST

that's what I'm saying the front car on sunday was not with us we wern't hooning and they had to risk their own safety not to smash this tool on a bike .

if they had hit him they would've have been the bad guy

• Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 13d

They just dont seem to realise the danger they put themselves in.

When crunch comes to crunch they're always gonna come off second best against a car even if they are within there rights.

• Drift Queen
  • Member For: 16y 4m 6d

I am a bike rider and I hate riding on roads let alone busy ones, you learn very quickly that 4WD's busses and trucks are not your friend cos they pretty much blow you off the road and cars arnt much better if they are going faster than 60. I ride down the coast road (WA, mullaloo to trigg) a lot but only when it isnt peak hr traffic as I know the feeling of being stuck behind some halfwit riding in the middle of the lane. They have bike tracks for us but the people (walker) dont listen when you ring your bell and you contantly have to shout at people. I cant get my head around people that go for a ride in peak hour traffic and if their riding home from work use the path because not many people are walking at that time of day.

What im trying to say is im a bike rider but I use common sense unlike most

• Mmmmm......BOOST

yeh fair call that's what I'm trying to understand ,is it pure ignorance or just hate of car drivers that makes people risk their lfe to ride on the road when it's obviously a dangerous idea

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 29d

I can tolerate them until they weave through stationary traffic just to hold you up when the light goes green again....willing to sacrifice a side mirror for those f*ckers :verysad:

Interesting timing though, saw a newsflash before about 50 cyclists (or something) involved in a hit and run this morning. :pinch: