Nt Ford/fpv Owners: Getting A Tuner In Darwin

adamw

• Member For: 19y 9m 4d

Hi All

I am hoping to get a tuner up here at some stage in the near future to tune a few cars, but to get the ball rolling we need some numbers and information for the prospective tuner. It would probably be best if we also get strong commitments from people to go ahead, including a non-refundable deposit.

Accordingly, if you are interested in having your car dyno-tuned by a reputable tuner, brought up to Darwin from wherever they may reside, can you please post the following details:

- Make/model/year of car (e.g. 2006 Ford Falcon BF2 XR6T)

- Transmission (e.g. ZF 6 speed auto)

- Mods you will definitely have on the car by the time the tuner arrives

- Whether the car has been tuned already for the mods that are on it or not

- What you expect from the tuner (e.g. do you want a high boost and a low boost tune? how much boost do you want to run? what's most important to you.. reliability, drivability, big power etc?)

- Contact details (via PM)

You will need a CAPA flash tuner and importantly, if you are tuning a car that is modified (or to be modified), the mods must support each other. e.g. there is no point fitting a plenum, exhaust and intercooler to your BA when you haven't fitted tougher valve springs and expect the tuner to be able to tune your car.

Pricing is yet to be determined (depends on interest, and negotiation with the tuner), but expect it to be expensive. Many tuners charge nearly $1000 for a tune but spend a lot of time on it. It is likely the tunes will cost more than this given that the tuner needs to travel here, requires accommodation etc. However, this is a small price to pay given the alternative of getting your car to another tuner interstate, having the tune done and getting it back here.

We will need to find a dyno we can book out for a few days. I can't imagine this being a problem, but it would be great to hear suggestions on which one we should use.

Finally, I am not sure at this stage which tuner we can entice up here, but be assured it will only be a top shelf tuner that contributes to this forum regularly and has a great reputation for their work.

Thanks guys.

Adam

Edited by adamw

I'll start

- 10/2006 Ford Falcon BF2 XR6T

- ZF 6 speed

- Currently have an F6 CAI, flash tuner but will also have a ProcessWest stage 2 intercooler kit, MetalCat, Siemens Deka 60lb injectors fitted by the time the tuner arrives.

- Car is currently running generic tunes

- Looking for a safe and reliable 300rwkw with perhaps 12 or 13 pounds of boost and another less aggressive tune

Edited by adamw

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10m 20d

Would be very interested, but it would depend on a rough date as to when this would happen that would be the deciding factor.

• 3 weeks later...

I think we can abandon hope on getting someone up here.. its just too hard :(

My T is for sale now as well, I'm buying something smaller but still fun (perhaps a Polo GTI).

• Member For: 16y 4m 29d
EVO's are good....

You Guys give up to easily. I am great mates with Justin/Renee From Black Track Performance and Dyno Centre. Justin has just booked his flight to come up to Darwin to do some tuning for the NT Titles on 2nd August 08. He has two cars to tune in Darwin so far. He specialities includes Fords, Ratories and 2JZ's plus many more. These guys have 1000 RWHP Cressida that does 9.30 on street radials.

I have been a customer with these guys from the day they opened their doors and their workmanship and customer service is top shelf. I have had my car with them since Jan 2007.

http://www.blacktrackperformance.com/

It is probably best to contact Justin via email.

mail@blacktrackperformance.com

I will get the team to post in this thread, please spread the word.

regards

Brad Baker