Clutch Master Cylinder Plastic Clip Broke

jsmith

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d

Has anyone else had this happen, just got a phone call from the missus that the clutch no longer worked, got there and found this clip in 2 pieces on the floor.

Does anyone make a replacement?

Does ford make you buy a complete m/cylinder?

Cheers

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 9d

XR06T , I think your taliking about the CSC (Concentric Slave Cylinder) that is the one Mal wood offer, well its also a factory Expensive Daewoo part......Its the Alloy version of our plastic CSC and I am pretty sure mal wood dont offer the Clutch Master Cylinder which resides near our clutch pedals.

1 of 5 mine broke too, I got a mate who is a fitter and turner, he made one up for me out of stainless steel with a plastic washer so the clutch pedal pivot does not wear.... this will never break and it is secured to the shaft by some grub screws , it works a treat and is ajustable too. ask around for a metal worker fabricator they will knock one up for less than 100 bucks for sure and you dont have to replace the whole master cylinder that's worth 300+ bucks from ford just dont throw your broken bits out . you can show this to guy who is making it, It will be easy for them that way, if you decide to go that way!

pete

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d

Okay, my questions are based on whether anyone was making these or notas my dad is a fitter and turner by trade (40+ years) so I was always going to get him top make one anyway but just curious.

If anyone wants one my dad can make them up and can be yours for $40. Only made out of steel though, no fancy stainless or 4140 high tensile stuff.

It's funny that you say about $350ish for the M/cyl as I was quoted by Cumberland Ford $550 with a trade order.

Quite fun putting the bugger in though, especially in pitch black without a torch and without the right tools but got there in the end. Also surprising is the clutch feels lighter now, go figure that one out.

• 9 years later...
  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 24d

I fixed one years back for a bloke. Found some washers the appropriate size for the OD of the pin on the pedal arm.

Striped the master cylinder and tig' the washers on the end of the shaft and it was good as gold. Just need to manage the amount of heat put into the shaft.

(nobody like it when your shaft gets to hot and melt the rubber.....seal)

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 3d
13 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Striped

Is this a thing now? (just coz it's been a while)

giphy.gif