Premium Sound Icc And Dvd Head Unit Install

Azid Rush

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 14d
They are $1100 from ASL Logistics, I'm not sure if you can pick up one cheaper or not.. Not sure

http://www.asllogistics.com/ford_upgrades.html

Hi

We have a couple of options available.

We have a GT ICC unit has silver face , blue illumination , 6 stack cd & colour screen . price is $1000

We also have same as above but with single cd for $800

Or same as above with single cd & XR grey fascia for $750

We can also do a full duel zone climate control kit with silver face premium unit for $1650

Regards,

Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage Team

there u go...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Big Gun
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d
Also if the dvd player is set to PAL by default it is virtually impossoble to watch the screen as it quickly scrolls top to bottom. set up a portable tv to NTSC then change the dvd unit to NTSC, before unplugging the tv and reconnecting the ICC screen.

I had a JVC dvd player and I could change from PAL to NTSC using the DVD's screen.

I'm using a Blaupunkt RGB converter, but my screen is slighly blurry. It's not the DVD player, because the satnav is a little blurry also. And it's not the car, cause it was the same in my XR6T aswell. Any suggestions? Possibly poor grounding?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 11m 19d

Very nice tutorial Azid Rush

Hay how is the sound quality without the aux boost. The reason why I’m asking is hat cuz I have an prem/dual c ICC with ipodplug and I would like to do the same thing. The only thing hat is stopping me is that when I used the input it sounded sh*t. Can I buy the Aux booster of ford and fit it my self or would it be simpler to get them to?

Also where did you get the RGB converter?

Thnx

• F6 Phoon ----- MISH!!
  • Member For: 17y 1m 7d

The sound quality is improved over all using the Aux plug, doesnt have any whine or anything like that with the boosted one you can get from ford. Its a very good way to get MP3 an DVD into in a falcon at a reasonable price, we havent fitted it yet, both to busy with work and havent had a chance, one that I an others use is a blaupunk RGB converter, very good unit

• Member For: 15y 10m 28d

I done the lazy thing and brought an ASL logistics kit with aux booster (ford one), few problems though, sound is great, better than through the existing premium unit but has a slight turbo noise coming through speakers when turned right down, will be putting in a noise suppresor in to fix that hopefully. The other problem is that I brought a sony DVD head unit as I didnt want to use them cheap Boss Audio ones that ASL use, but it bit me in the butt as the sony can be turned to NTSC, but when a PAL DVD is put in, automatically changes output back to PAL, hence doesnt work, I have brought a pal/ntsc convertor from jaycar but all it done is give pal colour, still jumps around. So I have to change the player.

From what I know, Boss audio work and seems like JVC work, anyone else use anything different and work?

Dont want to fit a player that will last a month before it stops playing DVD's.

wow Agent I thought I was the only one up this late :ifiusethisimafag:

so I need to get the booster cool. Since I need to get the booster would it just be easier to pick up the ASL kit? What I the price of the aux booster from ford?

http://www.asllogistics.com/catalog/Video-...n-kit-p-19.html

Hay ferlauto doesn't the ASL kit come with the audio suppressor? Also what kind of video input jacks does the converter use?

Edited by Slammer

• F6 Phoon ----- MISH!!

HAHA I work stupid hours an had only just got home lol

I d say dont scrimp on a dvd player a good one for bout 450-500 will do fine, get one that plays everythng, divx mp3, avi etc, and use that but JVC are best bang for your buck an have good warrenty havent had any probs with mine an its over 12months old.

The Aux booster will make it easier to work with plus give audio without cutting wires an also steering controls still working.

Lol fair enough.

For the deck I’ll be using the JVC KD-ADV49 I believe it does everything I need. Also it looks nice, simple and clean.

Just on the note on the boosted the ASL kit comes with it? It says it comes with the

Aux Audio loom

Audio Suppressor

ASL KIT

But no booster.

Edited by Slammer

• F6 Phoon ----- MISH!!

that's an awesome deck mate, very good unit, You should just be able to go ford an buy the amplified IPOD connector then go to JB an buy some Belkin RCA into Aux plug like 20 bucks an go from there. Az has no whine or anythin like that an its only 70 bucks