KEN 24T

The Off Topic Thread.

Hi Keith :bye:

hurt my lower back at work last week moving equipment filled in incident report as per work policy.

Work policy states, they have 7 days to reply to report today is day 7.

My back still hurts so thinking of ringing in and have some time off. Never in my working career I'v claimed for compo ,just hate the idea.

I've been at NSW Health for around 16 years so thinking it's time but only down side to it, is I'm going away this Thursday up the coast for my sons swimming and taking the van just the 2 of us. Wont look good if I claim compo.

Talking of sore backs, brought a new bed the other month, Went for the firmest mattress I could find as I like them firm (Insert mediocre sex joke) And haven't had a decent night sleep since FFS and waking up with a painful back and im only 22? lol, going to have to step it down on the firmness scale I think zzzzzzzzzzz

Go to one of the places that have the mattress hooked up to a computer and go with their recommendation?

edit: or a hammock - most comfy night sleep ever in a ~$100 hammock from a camping shop - wakes up without back ache for the 1st time in years

Almost Keith Tomorrow is happy day. Last day of work and then we're off.

Picked up the most important thing today...............BEER. My new favorite is Murray's Angry Man a Pale Ale soooooo nice.

morning, Dan and happy Thursday :hiall:

As usual, windows decided without me that my PC would turn itself off overnight... painful haha

Happy Thursday, indeed. Home crook from work for another couple of days and have literally zero planned today - sofa and Netflix day I'm thinking. Will need to take the dog to the park at some point though.

Ah, I hate when Windows does that. I also don't like the way you can't easily set Windows to just check and notify you when there's updates available, rather than just doing it for you like W10 does.

no good matey. if school holidays get local kid to walk the dog $10

I'm hating all internet ATM still unable to load down site wont open. Even changed to 8.8.8.8 + 8.8.0.8 still nothing.

Any other idea people?

Going away today back sunday will try again then.

Coles and Woolies are a bunch of hypocrites.
Bans single use plastic bags for groceries
Has single use plastic bags for all fruit and vegetables

My question is:
Why can't they use recycled paper bags????
Can still hear (in American accent) "paper or plastic"
When we were in the US supermarkets

30 minutes ago, bloodycrashboy said:

Has single use plastic bags for all fruit and vegetables

I think the F & V ones are within the 2 micron thickness or whatever size that's been banned (rough guess at size - no real idea)

The ones that annoy me (not sure if they still do it) are the things like celery or carrot they've trimmed or sliced and put in meat trays.

Paper bags were a PITA - especially if any frozen or damp groceries are in them - turn to mush and break by the time you get home to pull them from the boot.