The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 26d
Just now, El Andrew said:

Free USB drive : No way buddy! I wasn't born yesterday! Will probably install malware!

I got this wicked free usb drive from a presentation and its the coolest thing ever. was a taiwanese network infrastructure company that assured us many times they are not chinese company they are Taiwanese and have always been that way.

inserted it into computer and said 'oh, crap'.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1d

Farkin updates. Last round resulted in both our laptops no longer working with our ultra wide monitor (but fine with standard resolution stuff). Talked my laptop into it again, but no luck with the wife's laptop.

• Member For: 14y 6m 8d

The most gimmicky but useful pen I ever got from one of the many "marketing dressed up as a tech presentation" nights I got was from Citrix.

Press the button and a light comes on so you can see what you are writing, has been handy for signing a multitude of Dominos orders over the years.

USB keys from presentations get chucked in the bin, only because they are usually 4GB's or less.  F*ck those B*st*rds for treating us like common peasants.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1d

Out of interest, what do you guys reckon a 168k BA turbo motor is worth? I'm doing my sums for parting out and it does look attractive. Engine is the big ticket item obviously.

I'd probably sell it with inlet manifolds and bolt ons but sell the exhaust manifold and turbo separately.

Wife says this afternoon "Why don't you keep it as a project?" Wait, what? Who are you?

• Thanks 1