The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

Essentially $2000 for a tune really, I mean an aftermarket ECU should be more powerful than the factory item and the factory ECU is exceptionally capable as proven over the years so unless you don’t know how to tune the factory ECU and are super proficient in Haltech what’s the gain ? 

Dont get me wrong I hope the Haltech has an array of additional features to justify the cost and I don’t honestly know if it does or doesn’t yet , time will tell I suppose 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 26d

Haha Aaron you just looked it up hey!

I hear ya though about your first comments. If it was released 15 years ago then it would be a no brainer but for the majority of street cars that are already tuned it's not worth swapping.

Right now we're forking out a grand for a flash box so the extra grand isn't much more of a stretch for new customers who want the extra features.

For inexperienced backyarders this is a godsend and for guys that have mastered flash tuning such as yourself, I can't see it taking away from your business as you can provide a similar result at half the price point.

Haha the missus said I can get one but I have to sell one of my toys to pay for it :nono: Lol we'll see...

• Member For: 14y 6m 9d

As some would know, sometimes in certain circumstances you can fill in a release of super form, for things like medical bill payments etc.

We have clients fill them in to pay off their housing debt, they also have the ability to request the release of funds once every 12 months.

The problem is, the money doesn't come to ourselves to pay the clients debt, it goes to the client.

One of our staff called up a client to find out how they went with getting their super funds out, the client was successful and the staff member asked when we would see the funds.

The clients response was "I thought it better to pay off the drug dealer first...for safety considerations"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2